Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
Quit going to it because it hasn't been worth the drive and entry fee.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It seems like the Hattiesburg show never brings in as many vendors as the Laurel show. Is it the promoter you think? Poor advertising?

·
Super Moderator
13,394 Posts
Thanks for the replies, just curious. I've only set up at one show. It was in Batesville several months ago and put on by the Milsteads. They were absolutley great to work with both over the phone and in person, but I was surprised at the lack of advertising anywhere near the show. The turnout and number of vendors was small in my opinion, especially for the location, but we still did pretty well and it was worth the trip. Whoever puts on the show in Philadelphia goes all out on advertising. Haven't been as a vendor, but its been packed with both vendors and buyers every time I have been. Columbus is a good 90 minutes away and there are signs up all over town and every few miles along hwy 82 as far away as Tuscaloosa, AL 2-3 weeks before the show.

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
Phillip, next spring see if you can get into the Pascagoula show. It's well promoted and is a large show. I've seen signs advertising it 75 miles away from Pascagoula. They put up small signs on every major hiway around here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts