Hbn bullet coating

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by Ppoole84, May 8, 2018.

1. Ppoole84

Ppoole84 Distinguished Poster

i put it in the classifieds by accident so I’m reposting since I couldn’t change.

I have been reading really good stuff about this stuff. Better cold bore shots, increased velocity, less fouling, longer barrel life.

Has anyone used this because I can’t get the horror stories of moly coating out of my head.

2. Yarob

Yarob Distinguished Poster

Moved my reply from your classifieds post...

I've had some HBN for a few months now. Haven't done a lot of testing but I have some ideas I'm going to try. I think generally people just tumble bullets in HBN and the HBN is sort of peened into the projectile. I've experimented with using melted Johnson's Paste Wax as a binder by mixing into the wax a little HBN in a plastic container, shaking to coat and then placing on wax paper to dry. It seemed to work fine but I didn't do enough of it yet to form any definite conclusions. Next I'm considering mixing a little HBN in with my regular powder coating powder and see how that might affect anything. The experiments continue for now.

BasMstr and Ppoole84 like this.

3. Beladran

Beladran Moderator Staff Member

Madison
    I bought a gallon zinc lock full many years ago. Results was negligible. Maybe you will have better luck

4. Ppoole84

I haven’t decided on it yet but I was thinking about it

5. Ppoole84

I just like the way longer barrel life sounds