Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bottom is double barrel shotty of unknown origin. Middle is Mauser stamped 98 supposedly with eagle and swastika. What's the top one? I haven't seen these in person. Jackson took this pic at a buddy's camphouse 6 months ago and just showed me. Not for sale, I'm just curious til I can see them in person. I like old stuff. Thanks
IMG_1286.PNG

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
163 Posts
Top looks like a Japanese Type 38.

Middle K98.

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
Reactions: phillipd

·
Registered
1,107 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oh man that is sad.... As has already been mentioned, top is a Type 38. Middle is a mid-war (likely 1943, based on the speedmilled bands with cupped buttplate combination) K98 that is missing quite a few parts... Both could potentially be restorable, but the only one likely worth restoring would be the K98.

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
I would love to own the double rabbit ear shotgun. Probably made around 1880-1905 The butt stock looks nice. Perhaps[ Crescent River Arms \] for one of the many Hardware Stores around US.

·
Premium Member
13,551 Posts
Shotgun looks like a Husqvarna underlever model.

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
It looks like something under the barrels at the front of the forearm. Harrington and Richardson made some forearms Shanable shaped?? I have never seen the Husqvarna shotguns in person.

Reactions: phillipd

·
Premium Member
13,551 Posts
The piece on the bottom of the forearm on the Husqvarna's is metal and rotates to the side to unlock the action.

Reactions: DEADEYE 1

·
Super Moderator
13,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the responses. I knew I could get some answers here. I hope to see them sometime. Jackson has been going to this camp frequently and I want to see it. Clear flowing creek and old home place with out buildings and slave quarters. They have been camping and fishing

·
Super Moderator
13,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm, any idea just how old the homesite is? Sounds like you need someone to come and metal detect it ;)
Not yet but working on it. Just heard about it today after the boy has been hanging out there over a year. Head south on hwy 45 to Macon and take the 1st or 2nd left and go 14-15 miles and take a right, it's 5 miles off the paved road. Bout 30 miles off the hiway total. Sorry, but that's the best the boy could do

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
I have a cousin that will buy every double barrel shotgun I find.. I have sent some like new and some that need the wall. I have several in my collection, most everyone are shooters. Most of the old ones that I run into are old Stevens or Crescent Rivers.They were a great tool for the American Farmer for Home Defense and to put supper on the table.

Reactions: 22lrfan

·
Premium Member
6,242 Posts
Phillip, I have hunted in that general area. A little farther down the road out from Suqualac, sp. That was almost 50 years ago. Some of the biggest swamp rabbits I,ve seen.

Reactions: fordpkup
1 - 19 of 19 Posts