Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Be nice, or at least, be honest...and DOL
955 Posts
Have one as a novelty gun for long trips. It is compact and takes up almost no space. Good for kayak trips too. Heck, it is a survival rifle. It shoots fine on the range in spite of my old eyes.
Same here - a survival rifle that would help you survive in many circumstances, but expect more from it than what is designed to do. I've got an earlier one, and a couple of Ramline? 25? round mags, which don't fit into the stock. As to the Henry version, Henry seems to make decent enough guns. We used to keep it on the boat in and around the Bahamas because it didn't look like a rifle until assembled, it was fairly quiet, and would fit in a dresser drawer out of sight (guns are technically illegal for visitors to bring, but unless you cause an issue or it is blatantly obvious, neither the local police or Bahamian customs really care).

As an interesting historical aside, when the dopers were using Norman's Cay as Medellin North, lots of folks had bigger stuff just in case, but once that settled down most folks backed off on the serious artillery. The bosses made it clear to the underlings that they would be, well, dead if they screwed things up by messing with normal people, but still, when a bunch of coked-up dopers have serious weaponry, smart folks were prepared.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have one shoots decent. I don’t class it as survival rifle. But it’s neat to beat around or throw in the boat or back pack. Cool gun

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have Henry built one and a 10/22 takedown with a Magpul x-22 stock. The Henry works just fine and is compact and light, but while not bad is not the most accurate.
The 10/22 is more accurate and with the Magpul and a ruger BX trigger shoots better but is heavier and still not as compact.
I'm keeping both as they are a blast to shoot!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts