Mississippi Gun Owners banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Registered
You think they will end up putting a giant culvert under the road?

Reactions: Blondie70

Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
Maybe just a bridge. They can use some of that "free" infrastructure money.

Years ago I read a true story by a Mississippi man whose family had a foreign exchange student from Sweden. The family was in a car taking a trip in Mississippi and they passed a road sign saying "Bump". There was a small bump in the road where the county had dug a trench for a pipe and then back-filled it and covered it with cold mix asphalt. As they always do, they created a permanent bump.

The student from Sweden chuckled and the Mississippi man asked what was funny.

The student from Sweden said, "Well, in Sweden when we have a big bump in a road, we fix the bump instead of putting up a warning sign."

Makes me wonder why our highway departments don't do the same thing.

Why is it so hard to level cold mix asphalt. (I know the theory is, "Make it high and cars will pack it down level", but they never do.)

Premium Member
If, indeed, there's a seapage, that had been eroding from inside, all this time. Same seapage would just erode around culvert?. id they just lay them in .
That road bed needs to be completely cut back, both directions & totally relaided & incorporated back into highway bed. Surely, there's an Engineer around to solve the water seepage issue in bottom, if indeed, that was the long standing problem.
For now, Let SEABEES come in and lay temporary road down side: THATS WHAT THEY DO BEST.馃槒. If they can lay road for Abrams Tank to cross, should handle most cars,lol.

Registered
Bedrock Slope Road surface Wood Asphalt

Registered
Plant Slope Bedrock Tree Geological phenomenon

• Wow
Reactions: fordpkup

Registered
Plant Sky Natural landscape Tree Slope

Registered
Maybe just a bridge. They can use some of that "free" infrastructure money.

Years ago I read a true story by a Mississippi man whose family had a foreign exchange student from Sweden. The family was in a car taking a trip in Mississippi and they passed a road sign saying "Bump". There was a small bump in the road where the county had dug a trench for a pipe and then back-filled it and covered it with cold mix asphalt. As they always do, they created a permanent bump.

The student from Sweden chuckled and the Mississippi man asked what was funny.

The student from Sweden said, "Well, in Sweden when we have a big bump in a road, we fix the bump instead of putting up a warning sign."

Makes me wonder why our highway departments don't do the same thing.

Why is it so hard to level cold mix asphalt. (I know the theory is, "Make it high and cars will pack it down level", but they never do.)
You should hear what our German students and teachers said about I-59 between McComb and NOLA. We took every group there to spend a day, they were horrified at the condition of that stretch of interstate. The Autobahn is like smooth glass compared to most any interstate highway.

Registered
Plant Plant community Bedrock Tree Slope

Registered
I just heard on WLBT that a 3rd victim, Amanda Williams, has passed:
Prayers for families and friends of those struck by this horrible tragedy.

Premium Member
Such a tragedy. At least the daughter of Lady that just passed away 矛s recovering. She gave a interview: that they had drove thru there & felt a BUMP, but in rain, didn't see anything, dropped off item @ friends. On return trip, few minutes later, Road was gone.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts