History of the Kimber 82G

Discussion in 'Rimfire' started by CK, May 30, 2011.

1. CK

CK Distinguished Poster

2. TankerHC

TankerHC Distinguished Poster

Read that a couple of months ago. Good article.

3. badazl

badazl Distinguished Poster

That really is a good article thanks for sharing.

4. inthe10ring

inthe10ring Distinguished Poster

5. elitesniper223

elitesniper223 Distinguished Poster

6. cs700

cs700 Distinguished Poster

This post is several years old but the article link above is good info.
    For those folks like me that are lousy fishermen & don't like yard work this time of year is great for rimfire target shooting. NRA small bore or 22 bench rest are great fun. The Kimber 82G, Winchester 52's & Remington 40X's are great target rifles.
    Word of caution--.22 target shooting can be addictive.

phillipd, ezgo and 22lrfan like this.
  7. ezgo

ezgo Distinguished Poster

For you guys wanting one of these and/or wanting to try the Magnolia competitions, I know of three of us that have an extra Kimber 82 G that is for sale. :):):)

dhollis51, 22lrfan and phillipd like this.
  8. msredneck

msredneck Distinguished Poster

Freshen up this old thread
    I have a Kimber 82 that I had used in 22 F class few yrs ago. Wolfe match extra it seems to like well. I’m sure a few other high priced 22 ammo will work well in her also

Captain-03 and I personally selected it in at CMP store in Al

If there might be some interest I might put mine up for sale

9. cs700

It appears as time goes by less folks are interested in .22 f-class or bench rest competitions. Shooting accurate tight groups at 50, 100 & 200 yards, reading the wind & doing it on multiple targets can be a major challenge.
    The Kimber 82G's are a great way to enjoy these competitions. Maybe some younger or middle age folks will come join us old guys sitting on our cushions & see what a challenge it can be.

Cliff731, ezgo and 22lrfan like this.
  10. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Bolton
    @msredneck ill give you your money back on it.

Cliff731 and dhollis51 like this.
  11. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Msredneck... thanks for posting this one... and I'm sure you are well aware of what I follow with here... :)

By all accounts and by Ted's own admission, he was an avid and keen competitor in the .22 competition matches... :cool:

He personally owned a Kimber Model 82G that he related shooting these matches with... and also a number of other Model 82G rimfire rifles as he picked out himself at the CMP store.

Captain-03 even had two of those "NIB" examples up for sale... and then offered up for sale the very same 82G that he used... this not too long before sadly departing from our midst. These were certainly just about the very last firearms as he sold to fellow MSGO members in his final efforts to clear out his "collection".

12. cs700

It would be fun one day to have an old CMP .22 rifle match with these rifles. Scope or iron sights, prone or bench. Shooters choice.

22lrfan and Cliff731 like this.