Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didnt see a section for holsters so I put this here.

I ran across UrbanCarry Holsters the other night and found their shell/rig system interesting. Buy a rig mounting base and a different shell for each gun. There are a few vids posted of them trying to remove the shell/rig from the base with no success, seems sturdy enough. But there is no mention of gun retention in the OWB holster.

Anyone used one in the wild or seen one to have any opinions on it?

REVO Rig - OWB

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was a novel concept as well. I may get one and see how it works out.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Didnt see a section for holsters so I put this here.

I ran across UrbanCarry Holsters the other night and found their shell/rig system interesting. Buy a rig mounting base and a different shell for each gun. There are a few vids posted of them trying to remove the shell/rig from the base with no success, seems sturdy enough. But there is no mention of gun retention in the OWB holster.

Anyone used one in the wild or seen one to have any opinions on it?

REVO Rig - OWB
According to the company the Holster shells use a embedded magnet for retention. That may be acceptable but also would not allow for adjustment.

Urban Carry G2

"A powerful magnet at the base of the holster keeps your firearm secure and steady during a rapid draw."

·
Rational Anarchist
14,498 Posts
I don’t like the idea of their original holster, requiring two hands is a no go, for me, but the REVO sounds interesting.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
I like the idea.

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
According to the company the Holster shells use a embedded magnet for retention. That may be acceptable but also would not allow for adjustment.

Urban Carry G2

"A powerful magnet at the base of the holster keeps your firearm secure and steady during a rapid draw."
That’s for the G2, I didn’t see any mention of this for the REVO system that I linked to that is fully adjustable.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
The Revo system does not include the holster (shell), which you have to buy separately from the Rig. Cost wise, it adds up to $70 or so for the rig+shell. I'd suggest you email or call the company about this.

"When combined with the REVO shell (sold separately) the OWB rig forms an Outside WaistBand style holster. As with any REVO Rig it is completely interchangable with all REVO gun and mag shells which can be rotated to your preferred angle for the best draw."

·
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Revo system does not include the holster (shell), which you have to buy separately from the Rig. Cost wise, it adds up to $70 or so for the rig+shell. I'd suggest you email or call the company about this.

"When combined with the REVO shell (sold separately) the OWB rig forms an Outside WaistBand style holster. As with any REVO Rig it is completely interchangable with all REVO gun and mag shells which can be rotated to your preferred angle for the best draw."
Yeh I read it’s separate. I also sent them a note inquiring about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts