close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Homemade cough syrup?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency' started by Jarhead5811, Dec 25, 2017.

1. butre

butre Full Poster

Biloxi
    I make a sort of tea out of ground up cloves, honey, and whiskey to soothe my cough. not sure if the whiskey does anything other than make me care less about the cough, but I keep putting it in.

recipe is half a mug of hot water, steep 4-6 ground cloves for about a minute in that mixture. toss in a tablespoon of honey, mix it up real good and then top off with whiskey.

a cheap whiskey works fine here, so go ahead and use some of that nightmare fuel cousin cleetus made you last summer, or if you already polished that off head down to the liquor store and get you a shoulder of evan williams. no need to waste your limited batch knob creek or whatever with this drink, the cloves hide a lot of hurt

Southshorerob and Jarhead5811 like this.
  2. Back is cold QUEBEC where I came from,grandad made it with brandy,honey,lemons(When available) and Worcestershire sauce.(he was Scottish). lived to be 99,granny lived to 93. I'm over 70 and it still works here on the WET COAST of Vancouver island. Figure them old folk knew a thing or two.

para40, Southshorerob and Jarhead5811 like this.

3. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Wife is using my recipe of 1/3 Jack, 1/3 honey, and lemon juice in a pint jar. It's helped her a lot.

Southshorerob and Jarhead5811 like this.
  4. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Probably makes you look better in the dark. :p

5. sand_man

It would take more that that!!!

6. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Tell her to double up on the Jack!

wllmkttrll, BasMstr and Jarhead5811 like this.
  7. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    I bet "Fishermans Friends" would work well in place of Halls.

8. sand_man

I do need her at least halfway sober and not passed out! But she is working on her third making.

94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.