Horrific open carrier in Pearl!!!!

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by Southpawsurvival, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Southpawsurvival

Southpawsurvival Distinguished Poster

For those of you that do not know I happen to be a cash-in-transit security officer (armored truck). So you could imagine my resistance to this new "open carry"law. I mean we never had open carry before right? Why now? My job is already dangerous enough as it is with criminals carrying guns where I can not see them. Now I have to worry about law abiding citizens carrying guns where I can see them! What horror!!! Why would a law abiding citizen need a gun anyways? I mean with guards like myself and cops open carrying there is nothing to fear! Long story short I walk into Sams club in Pearl which is a notorious haven for those rowdy open carriers. I came in the door proudly carrying my Glock 19 in my level 3 safariland holster and guess what I saw. A hooligan carrying a weapon openly in serpa holster buying a Sams Club membership. Well at this point I got worried. I mean I was the only one in the building qualified to carry a gun openly. After all I sat through a class at work for like 30 min just discussing guns and paid the Department of public safety their fee that made me a qualified weapons handler. He sat there menacingly not paying me a bit of attention. With his clean cut face and haircut. Button down shirt pressed neatly and tucked into his pants with a belt. Clearly just another open carrier trying to be deceptively clean and friendly. All I had was a Glock 19 with frangible ammo, 2 backup mags, and a kevlar vest that can stop rifle bullets. In short I was scared for my life. I quickly breezed by, picked up the money and ran like heck for the safety of the armored truck. I couldn't have been the only one scared.... There were like a million people at sams and they were all pretending not to notice this crazy law abiding citizen with a gun. Scary day guys.

2. Curtdawg88

Curtdawg88 Distinguished Poster

I'm glad you made it out alive. I hope everyone else did too.

3. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Sorry, but your story bounces all over the place.................

He is a hooligan, but clean cut. 

Did you both attend the CC class together?  Sounds that way. 

Why were you the only one qualified to carry in Sam's that day and time? 

If I saw someone running "like heck" through Sam's with a money bag, that might be a reason to draw.....

I think I understand the point of your story..... just some of your details sound fuzzy. 

4. BigDaddyQ

BigDaddyQ Distinguished Poster

Think it was a bit of satire.

5. drmadison78

drmadison78 Distinguished Poster

Aw man, Jealous... my wife told me I couldn't carry open.

:tears:

6. Southpawsurvival

LOL I hope you don't understand. Pure satire. I walked in like normal. Walked out like normal. Nothing different. FINALLY saw someone open carrying. Wanted to stop and chat but I was working.

7. Southpawsurvival

BIngo.

8. drmadison78

For those from the Planet Vulcan that's called sarcasm/satire I believe... you see Vulcans don't have a sense of humor...
    :lol: 

9. Southpawsurvival

For all I know he was more qualified than me. I made this point because I am tired of buttholes picking on the open carriers.

10. Ellis93

Ellis93 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yeah you should've seen the folks running out of Walmart when sandman walked in with his cannon strapped on. Even the crowed at McDonalds hauled butt when he entered.....crazy guy :lol4:

11. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    I admit it..... you got me there.  I was thinking the opposite.  I guess I missed your point totally.... :)

12. Southpawsurvival

Its all good. Shows your heart is in the right place. I plan on open carrying also soon. Outside of work obviously.

13. Southpawsurvival

keep your pistol hand strong my friend.

14. lazi

lazi Distinguished Poster

you are lucky! i can only imagine how much worse the experience would have been if you had been in jackson.

15. drmadison78

Bahahahaha

16. Cliff Cargill

Cliff Cargill Distinguished Poster

Fun thread, for sure.

Does Loomis mind you putting all this out here? Tell us more.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Loomis is really just privately contracted mercenaries driving urban tanks just waiting for the moment to violate our rights and freedoms for the evil corporate dollar under the protection of the US Government through political "contributions". He's serious about being glad to see your weapons prominently displayed so he will know who to whack first when the EBT cards get turned off an the SHTF.

18. Southpawsurvival

Now I never said I worked for loomis. What's loomis?

19. Southpawsurvival

Lol you read me like a book. If I worked for loomis. What is this loomis you speak of?

20. Southpawsurvival

There would have to be law abiding citizens in Jackson for there to be open carry...