Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How’s this for a new “bumper” sticker? Well, rear window decal, at any rate.

64A239CE-69E1-4F88-8635-C731F2A11130.png

Think it’ll look good next to my other decal?
23EDD499-DCC0-4811-9964-3A923E2C86A6.jpeg

Any other Pro-2A stickers or decals y’all would suggest?

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Personally, I try not to draw 'unwanted attention' (i.e., break-ins or malicious damage) to my vehicles via window decals or bumper stickers, but that's just me.
This.

Personally, I despise stickers of any type on vehicles, mine mainly. The only thing I have I put stickers on is my Pelican cooler, and that was only because I had so many stickers lying around I’ll never use otherwise.

I just see no reason to broadcast ANY personal information, let alone that I may or may not have a gun stashed in my truck. To each his own though.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
This.

Personally, I despise stickers of any type on vehicles, mine mainly. The only thing I have I put stickers on is my Pelican cooler, and that was only because I had so many stickers lying around I’ll never use otherwise.

I just see no reason to broadcast ANY personal information, let alone that I may or may not have a gun stashed in my truck. To each his own though.
Agree, although the wife insisted on putting a dog breed decal on our SUV's back window. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankfully, my XUV spends 90% of its time parked in my driveway, two blocks away at church or at the SWGC range. The rest is trips to Lowe’s, for lumber and the co-op for dog food. Lol. Think I’d be ok sporting a snarky sticker or two.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,397 Posts
Rarely ever put stickers on my vehicles, even then it's usually just a Col. Reb or Ole Miss script decals. Don't think there's any on my wife's car either, girls have the monograms on theirs.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,598 Posts
Haven’t put a sticker on a vehicle in quite sometime. Do like the Molan one though. I also would have no problem putting one on my vehicle. Thugs are going to just go down the line breaking in vehicles wether they have a sticker or not.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I've got some magnets (USMMA, Navy, etc.) that I rotate just so people can't positively identify my vehicle in certain situations. Various hats on the back dash that get rotated for the same reason. No firearms-related signage, I am also of the opinion that such decals scream "break in this car and steal a gun!"

·
Rational Anarchist
14,606 Posts
I've got some magnets (USMMA, Navy, etc.) that I rotate just so people can't positively identify my vehicle in certain situations. Various hats on the back dash that get rotated for the same reason. No firearms-related signage, I am also of the opinion that such decals scream "break in this car and steal a gun!"
I doubt many folks, that we need to worry about breaking into our vehicles, know what “ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ“ means. That’s as far as I’m willing to go in tipping my hand.

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I doubt many folks, that we need to worry about breaking into our vehicles, know what “ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ“ means. That’s as far as I’m willing to go in tipping my hand.
Have to agree with that, save for dishonest "gun people". If you've been to a gun show, you know what I mean.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In my youth, I was never the bumber sticker type. Not even when my ride was a busted blue hand painted 75 Yota pickup. And when I went to Uni, It was a chore for me to paste that ugly parking decal to my rear bumper, even though my ride then was a busted red velour upholstered Buick Park Ave. However, as I’ve grown old, I’ve decided that I don’t mind so much a few tasteful decals, so long as they represent my passions or personal beliefs. On my old Blazer these took the form of a blue line flag, an anvil and tongs, and a vintage Regan/Bush ‘80 sticker. I would never dream of pasting something to my wife’s nice “new” Lacrosse, but my old XUV is just around to haul me, the dog and a few guns to and from the range and the donut shop. I’ve also never been one to leave a weapon in my vehicle. Actually, we rarely leave anything in my wife’s car, not even spare change. I do leave my clay thrower and a few boxes of birds in the XUV, but would never leave a firearm or ammo or anything of actual value. Not even to run into a shop. If I know I’m going somewhere that I can’t take my sidearm inside with me, I generally leave it at home. Or it goes with me, rules be damned. As far as not drawing attention, anyone who bothers to know me already knows how I stand, and I’m not shy about sharing my opinions, be they popular or otherwise. I also feel like there is too little open support for the 2A and for conservative(ish) America in general. We see these half crazy libs running around spraying their musk in everyone’s faces all the bloody time and we, the silent majority, stay silent. I don’t think we should sink to their level of obnoxious caterwauling in order to spread our message, but a subtle bit of marketing can go a long way. Also, I think this particular decal could send a multi pronged message. Yes, it’s a cheeky jab at the usual leftist Coexist stickers. And yes, it’s also a bit of a jab at the gun community, which can often be brand polarized. But it’s also a statement, for me and some others I know, that we can, all of us (or nearly all of us anyway), actually get along. We just need to try a little harder to find that common ground that seems to have fallen out from under us.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Update: our new vehicle has NO decals or stickers, but the wife insisted on our 'Retired Military' license plate for it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts