close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

How many Marines still have this?

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by fordpkup, Apr 26, 2016.

1. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Issued in Boot Camp.
    book1.JPG book.JPG
    I've been laughing trying to read my notes. Ink is very dry. My writing is had to read before the ink dries.

2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Me. 1963 version. Full of penciled in notes, names & service numbers (not SSN's) of my fire team, M-1 ser.no, tactical formations, etc.

[​IMG]

3. fordpkup

I've got all kinds of notes in mine. Some from the range.

4. Blondie70

Blondie70 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I was drafted into the Army....never got no book !

5. DANG! Y'all got to play with Flame Throwers !! They wouldn't even let us have matches... LOL.

6. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

They didn't give you the little blue Infantryman's Bible?

7. GunnyGene

Among other hot things that would cost you a fortune as a civilian to play with now. ;)

8. fordpkup

I think Gunny and I have discussed this before. All Marines are trained with all small arms. I even got to play with a Bazooka and hit a tank first time. They were changing to the Law about this time.

9. GunnyGene

Yep, we have. New toys these days. What we had were WWII and Korea era weapons for the most part. New technology comes on-line and results in tactical and strategic changes, which in turn drive yet newer technology and around and around it goes. And the other guy always gets a vote. ;)

10. burb1989

burb1989 Distinguished Poster

Saucier
    I don't have my dad's book but I do have his red skivvies he said he was issued in boot camp. My dad got to play with a bunch of stuff in boot camp, including a BAR, M3 grease gun, and even several other machine guns.