How much ammo is "enough"

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency' started by Ellis93, Apr 30, 2018.

1. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Add- those with ability/skills/mindset to use said guns

2. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    I once frequented a gun forum for neighboring state. We are all pikers, compared to some of them.

One fella had photos of his sofa. It was cases of .308 in the shape of a couch, with a slipcover and a few throw pillows. His coffee table was also .308.

Not to be out done the next fella posted photos from outside his open garage. Neatly arranged along the back wall, were 6 shrink wrapped PALLETS in mixed calibre.

Still can't believe they posted that on line.

3. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Furnished my first apartment with cases of empty Coors long necks - back when they had those heavy duty - almost wood - cases. Whenever I was short for rent money, just had to take the couch to the recycling center (bottles were returnable for $0.10 apiece).

4. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    Those were the days.

BasMstr and rigrat like this.
  5. HerrZnk

HerrZnk Distinguished Poster

Can't fix stupid. Now all a serious thief needs to do is find those IP addresses, do a bit of surveillance, and poof that ammunition will disappear.

Leonidas, rigrat and Jarhead5811 like this.
  6. HerrZnk

HerrZnk Distinguished Poster

The Patriots series of novels by John Wesley, Rawls has some very realistic scenarios in which people who "really prepared" were easily defeated / killed and deprived of their stuff. Those who had built a "castle" were simply burned out by organized gangs of thugs (not "gangs" as we think of it) their castle was usually the typical American stick-framed home. The series gets preachy at times and also goes into the weeds (IMHO) with way too much detail for the average reader about such topics as Ham radio, morse code, canning, etc. but all in all it's a clean version of "Fear the Walking Dead" without zombies and with economic collapse as the root cause.
    Anyway, ammunition was essential and a source of barter. In communities that managed to maintain order gold (in small denomination coins, 1/10 oz) and silver became the currency since paper money was worthless. If you like to read such fare, you'll enjoy this series.
    My point: ammunition can have more value and use than you imagine, but only if you can realistically keep and transport it.