How to keep us safe?

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by gutdoc, May 8, 2018.

1. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

NEW BRUNSWICK – A Rutgers Robert Wood Jonson Medical School professor is charged with unlawfully possessing an assault firearm.

Dr. James Goydos, a professor of surgery in the Cancer Institute of New Jersey at Rutgers RWJ Medical School, was arrested March 30 at his East Brunswick home after police allegedly found an assault firearm in his basement, according to police documents.

He was charged with second-degree unlawful possession of a weapon.

Rutgers RWJ Medical School professor charged with unlawfully possessing assault firearm

There are hopefully some facts that haven’t been released, or everything is great. No one wants to come after law abiding citizens’ guns.

2. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

Coming soon, to a state near you.

3. Meanwhile, the out-of-control gangsta thugs in Camden and Newark, NJ just keep on killing ...

94LEVERFAN, Mesquite and Chicknman like this.
  4. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

And incase you missed it; welcome to New Jerseys new Insta-felon program.

5. turable.shot

turable.shot Distinguished Poster

Believe I'd change my area code. To Anywhere in Free America.

6. gutdoc

Shrinking Free America!
    It was kept inside a bag in a work space in the basement of Dr. Goydo's home. The bag was kept locked in a shelf.

Goydos said the gun "belonged to his brother who gave it to him in the early 1990s," according to MyCentralJersey.com

Gun laws vary widely across the United States. New Jersey has very strict gun laws banning the ownership of most assault weapons, whether the owner has a license for them or not. That type of gun would be permitted in other states, but New Jersey is one of seven states with a strict ban on all guns classified as assault weapons. The other states with a similar assault-weapons ban are California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts and New York. But in Florida, for example, it's not only legal to own a gun like that; you don't even need a license or permit.

7. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    Wonder why they were searching his house to start with? Somebody rat him out for having it?

maxhush, Morgan88, 94LEVERFAN and 2 others like this.
  8. gutdoc

The two questions that need to be answered, sooner than later.

What door would be easier to knock on, hand a search warrant and enter? Gang banging thug or This guy.

What’s the future, More of this or overturn gun bans?

9. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

I'd like to know what the police were doing searching a teaching surgeon's home in the first place? I doubt that they had a credible tip that he was about to lead an insurrection against the government. And how did they obtain the search warrant? Something smells in New Jersey.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    maxhush, 94LEVERFAN, Mesquite and 7 others like this.
  10. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    WOLVERINES :chick:

Leonidas, 94LEVERFAN and para40 like this.
  11. Chicknman

Chicknman Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

He must have showed it to someone who ratted on him out of jealousy or revenge for some petty disagreement.

12. ThatGuy

ThatGuy I could only pick one, extra money, or guns.

When they come to take it, it's time to use it.

94LEVERFAN and onlymaroonmatters like this.
  13. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

New Jersey is a &*%T hole of a place to live... just saying. :(

It's one of the most firearm owner unfriendly States in the Union from what I've been told by a former New Jersey resident.

14. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

I was born in NJ and lived there half my life. All the way back to the 80s you had to apply for a permit to buy a handgun with a max of two guns per permit. A carry permit required the chief of police to sign off and a senatorial endorsement (letter from a state senator). And that was 40 years ago; I can only imagine what it is like now.

15. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Don't blame you for moving.

16. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Got a buddy with a full auto m-14, from Korean war. He is in his 90's, keep trying to talk him out of it. He mailed it to his Mother from Korea, lol.

17. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    Q: New York has more lawyers than any other state. New Jersey has more toxic waste dumps than any other state.

Why is that?

A: Jersey got first pick.

18. melmerf

melmerf Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I lived in New Jersey for 3 years in the early 90's. I really had no idea what the gun laws were. All I knew is you can't pump your own gas. Kept a .38 under the seat.

19. I remember as a child traveling from Phila., PA to New Jersey via the Walt Whitman Bridge to visit relatives.

Now there is $5.00 one-way toll is charged to westbound passenger vehicles traveling from New Jersey to Pennsylvania.

There is no toll for eastbound vehicles traveling from Pennsylvania to New Jersey, prompting the witticism, "You can get into New Jersey for free but you have to pay to get out." ;)

20. Leonidas

Leonidas The Beast MSGO Supporter

Louisiana
    Had an auto mechanic with a similar business model.

Last edited: May 11, 2018