Mississippi Gun Owners banner

howdy from a Yankee

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  alpo 
#1 ·
howdy from a Yankee, some of us still have guns , rogue

#6 ·
Well, gin is not our drink of choice. We are more likely to drink beer or whiskey. :)

Seriously, Missisippi consistently rates near the bottom on the Brady list---which is a good thing.

You can own as many guns as you can afford. The state does not care. The state also prohibits cities from getting involved.

We can get concealed carry permits but there is not too much reason. We have one of the strongest Castle Laws anywhere: you can shoot anybody you feel threatens you in your home, car, boat, camper, or place of business. The DA cannot prosecute you.

Probably (just guessing) 30% or more people (men and women) are packing in most places and nobody cares.

#11 ·
rogue said:
... , so tell me about gin laws in Mississpippi ??
rogue
You mean some places actually have laws concerning guns? :lol4: We are pretty gun friendly down here in 'ol Miss. Can own about anything you can afford to buy and/or shoot!!

BTW: Welcome aboard! How did you learn of us?

#12 ·
rogue said:
wow , gee , I am getting intersted in moving , how the weather and how does a blue finish hold up ??
rogue :tophat:
The weather is hot . . . but then so are the wimmen. :)

And if you live here you'd BETTER have a gun. Otherwise, folks will think you're plumb weird.

We let a few bluebellies in every year, but they have to agree to not try to convert us to yankeeism. First sign of proselytizing we ship them right back up north.

#13 ·
LOL@ NRA_guy :lol: Glad to have you join, I'm a newbie here and need the company of other newbs, even yankees...as long as they're the kewl ones.
We're one of the few open carry states too, but you have to have a license to carry a concealed weapon...yea, I know, sounds weird lol.

#20 ·
We welcome yanks too. No funny stuff though. We are real strict with our gin laws, can't just anyone copy us. As far as gin goes leave it at the Mason Dixon line check in station. As well as snow shoes and ice fishing gear. You will have to have at least one pair of cut off britches before you are allowed across the state line.

#21 ·
bigsig said:
We welcome yanks too. No funny stuff though. We are real strict with our gin laws, can't just anyone copy us. As far as gin goes leave it at the Mason Dixon line check in station. As well as snow shoes and ice fishing gear. You will have to have at least one pair of cut off britches before you are allowed across the state line.
Thats right. Leave the gin, grab a bottle of Jack Daniels, then call me!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.