Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time in the woods I carry a revolver with 2 or more CCI snake shot. Today I proved that I am deadly with my Keltec 22 magnum with hollow points at Appox. 20 plus feet away in the head of a Rattlesnake that was trying to get away.
Grass Road surface Tints and shades Plant Asphalt

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will go check and see if a possum or coyote did not eat him. I was bush-hogging and had a lot more to do at the time. The grass, weeds and some clay peas were 4-5 feet high. I start by cutting the edge of this field that is about 175 yards long and he crawled out of the tall stuff that I was cutting. I did not see any field mice or rats in that field though. I figure there are plenty of other kinds of snakes that catch rats.

Reactions: Blondie70

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was excited with him crawling away toward thick stuff. With the tractor running and him crawling I took a couple quick shots. over him I think. But he stopped and I took a good aim. Usually they squirm after being hit but he did not move..I know a hollow point Maxi-Mag is bad medicine.

Reactions: ThatEnfieldGuy

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
Good shootin. I bet the PMR30 would make a good carry pistol. Light. Lots of rounds for the old spray and pray. Probably scary too.

·
Premium Member
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Blondie70 THIS PISTOL is plenty accurate for our older eyes. And I like the fiber optic sights front and rear. Because it is a 4 inch barrel and a ;right pistol I had to slow down and squeeze off the shot. The gun that I have is as it came from the factory 3-4 years ago and has a light trigger for my fingers and smooth. This surprised me and I like it.When you shoot it, the pistol does not sound like a rimfire but more like a centerfire. For carrying in the woods or concealed, this pistol and my Taurus Lite 38 special 7 shot are my favorites for ease of carry. To be truthful, I would not want to be on the receiving end of either of these 2 pistols. Next would be a close is my older Taurus 38 Undercover . I have evolved from almost 50 years ago when my H&R 22 revolvers were my carry to the woods and truck guns.Since I don't have to drive 25-30 miles to the woods anymore, these are my carry on my 4 wheeler, tractor, and walking pistols.

·
Premium Member
5,134 Posts
Hey Deadeye. I also have one and I like it. It works best with CCI rounds and will not eject all the time with less powerful rounds. Never misses a beat with the CCI. It does sound like a cannon...ha ha I am also in the woods. My tractor gun is a S$W 15-3 38 special with my custom snake loads.....a round ball in front of a bunch of shot. Works good on rats too.........take care

1 - 8 of 8 Posts