Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are great little plinkers 300 bucks isnt bad at all for a reliable gun to plink with. Out of 100 rounds I had two stovepipes but that isnt bad. I highly recommend that every person that likes rimfire guns need to have one of these. It cost just as much as a conversion kit from different companies. It shoots the same or even better than the Kimber 22 1911 but thats my opinion. JUST BUY ONE!!!!!! :2tup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Never heard of 'em, so I googled to this link (Chiappa1911-22.htm). For 3 bills it sounds like a decent "bare bones" 1911-22. I was kind of torn between the two options--Chiappa, or the Tactical Solutions conversion referenced in the article (by their link titled "some very good")

The gunblast.com review claimed the trigger on their factory sampler was 7lb 10oz. Was yours about the same?

The only other thing I really didn't like was the weight claimed-- about 8oz less than an OEM 1911. Lord knows the price is right... my TacSol cost me $380 shipped about a year ago when I found a Father's Day sale. For the "extra" money (it woulda been an extra $40 at reglur prices then--it's up to $475 shipped, +$75 per mag!!), I got a 'gun' that shoots ergonomically exactly like my carry weapon; same trigger, weight, and POA/POI (since it has STI adjustable sights).

The one, lone, absolute advantage the TacSol had on the rest of the conversion market at the time, was that it was the only conversion that would lock the slide open on the last round. Chiappa seems to have that knocked, too, giving them a big step up on the entire field since their offering comes as a complete gun. I dunno how many folks would desire a set of adjustable rear sights on their 1911 plinker; for my needs it wasn't required, but at longer ranges, it's a nice luxury to hit the silhouettes without holding over.

Truth be told, though, I think I'da seen if there was a way to home-smith that trigger down to something acceptable in the range of 3 1/2 - 4 1/2 lb for the measly $300 "suggested retail"--that's one BIG advantage Chiappa has over the field--even *I* can find an internet 'shipped' price at $260-- there's no bargaining with the conversion companies for their pricey uppers; the only break found there is in the used market, so $260 for a whole gun, that's stealin', so long as one is satisfied with the "spartan" features.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm satisfied with my Chiappa completely it does have a long trigger pull but it has loosened up after about the first 150 rounds. It is one of my favorite plinkers I've had. For the price you cant beat it it's around the same price as a conversion. It's just a simple gun for a reasonable price I have throughly enjoyed shooting mine. I got mine in pearl.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,390 Posts
Bonedust, you bringing it to the M&G?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts