Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, I transitioned to 100% Glocks to keep in line with the duty weapon my agency issues (we changed from Sig to Glock). However, I have been so happy with my recently reaquired all-time-favorite CCW pistol, a Sig P239, that I do believe my Glock 32 is going to be bye-bye and be replaced by a Sig P229.

·
Lord of Butt Hurt - \m/
1,125 Posts
A few years ago, I transitioned to 100% Glocks to keep in line with the duty weapon my agency issues (we changed from Sig to Glock). However, I have been so happy with my recently reaquired all-time-favorite CCW pistol, a Sig P239, that I do believe my Glock 32 is going to be bye-bye and be replaced by a Sig P229.
I did the same kind of thing myself. I was at MBN for roughly 15 years and we carried the 226 and 239. When I decided to come home and spend my last few years at Magee PD I had to transition to Glocks so naturally like you my personal handguns changed to Glocks as well to keep things uniform on and off duty. I do miss my 239DAK I carried as a backup at MBN, it was a great shooting little gun and everything we had there was chambered in 357 Sig. Since leaving MBN they have changed to the 9mm and where I am now we use 9mm as well. For me the transition to 9mm has been awesome I love it and can shoot it far better and am more confident with it. The other thing that I appreciate almost as much is the weight difference, Glocks are much lighter. To me that is the only drawback of the Sig handguns they are heavy, also quite expensive! But like I said as did you I miss that little 239, it was a really nice shooting handgun!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As much as I value consistency of platform, and do see the wisdom in it, I have come to the realization that, for me, it is more important to go with the platform that I have the most confidence in for shot placement. I'm issued a Glock 27 as a back-off/off-duty gun, so I can always carry it, but I think the P229 (or maybe even a P226) will serve me better in the long-term for a full size .357 Sig platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts