Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
The existence of that flower (the mum - symbol of the Japanese Emperor) being on the rifle adds at least some value. Japanese soldiers who had an idea that their rifles would be captured were known to grind down the mum so that the enemy wouldn't have the glory of capturing the Emperor's symbol. That makes those rifles with the mum intact just a little more collectable.

·
Death is Preferable to Communism.
163 Posts
Japanese Type 99 Arisaka

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wish I could find the ammo to shoot the one that was given to me brought back from Peleilu.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got an Arisaka 99 with the same markings, the emperors flower is more worn, it's chambered in 7.7 Jap. Norma used to make rounds for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Post a pic of the left side of the receiver where the serial number is located. This will tell us what series and arsenal it came out of.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Post a pic of the left side of the receiver where the serial number is located. This will tell us what series and arsenal it came out of.
i only have a video and for some reason it won’t let me add video from my phone only pics. It’s a rifle my stepmom dad owns and it doesn’t have a full stock it broke off right before the trigger Housing

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts
i only have a video and for some reason it won’t let me add video from my phone only pics. It’s a rifle my stepmom dad owns and it doesn’t have a full stock it broke off right before the trigger Housing
They are currently 'out of stock', but Numerich Arms has a stock listed for a type 99 7.7 cal. I have no idea what their source was and whether there might be more in the future or if that was it.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
"I only have a video and for some reason it won’t let me add video from my phone only pics. It’s a rifle my stepmom's dad owns and it doesn’t have a full stock. It broke off right before the trigger housing."

Clubbed?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Sorry to hijack the post but mine appears to be a type 99, no mum, Tokyo Kogyo Arsenal. I also have the quillion hooked bayonet that came with it. It was brought back by my grandfather who was in the Navy on a merchant marine ship. He also had a sniper rifle and a nambu. I got this rifle and a sword, that I’m trying to figure out also. It’s not one of the common NCO swords.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was finally able to grab the rifle and here is what it looks like now but I plan to grab a stock and clean it up

·
Registered
8 Posts
You have what appears to be a 32nd series Kogyo Toyo. You can do a search and find out more info, Gunboards is a good resource for the Arisakas. Too bad someone sportered it at least the barrel isn't cut. Not all Arisaka stocks are same, it would be best if you could find one from the same arsenal and this is not a last ditch rifle so it will take an earlier stock. Good luck, it's probably going to be difficult to locate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You have what appears to be a 32nd series Kogo Toyo. You can do a search and find out more info, Gunboards is a good resource for the Arisakas. Too bad someone sportered it at least the barrel isn't cut. Not all Arisaka stocks are same, it would be best if you could find one from the same arsenal and this is not a last ditch rifle so it will take an earlier stock. Good luck, it's probably going to be difficult to locate.
thanks for the info, I was looking at eBay and saw a stock I thought would work but now I’m kinda not sure, guess more research is what I will be doing

1 - 20 of 23 Posts