Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given this shotshell loader by a gentleman in Pearlington today, from what he said it sounds like it was bought new in the early or mid 90’s.
I can’t find a stamp on the baseplate saying “mark V” or “82” so I don’t know if it’s a Versa-Mec, it seems they (versa mec) had small foil like plates glued on for the model information instead of stamped.

I’ll try to get some better pictures in the daylight tomorrow but I have these for now.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a 600 Jr.
You’re correct, I emailed Mec this morning, it’s a pre-72 600 Jr.

Now I need to find out what all it can be setup for.

Reactions: Twang

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For 12 gauge, I did everything from steel shot duck loads, to powder puff skeet loads on my 600 Jr. All depends on your charge bars / bushing inserts. I did 20 gauge on a Versa-Mec.
I’m going to download the manual and get the information packet from mec but do you happen to know if it could do 3” shells?

I’ve got to go through the parts listing and order a few parts.

·
Super Moderator
7,656 Posts
I’m going to download the manual and get the information packet from mec but do you happen to know if it could do 3” shells?

I'm not certain. I know that ""I"" never loaded any 3" shells. At the time, the only 12 gauge guns I owned had 2.75" chambers, so I had no call to load 3" shells.

·
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not certain. I know that ""I"" never loaded any 3" shells. At the time, the only 12 gauge guns I owned had 2.75" chambers, so I had no call to load 3" shells.
Allrighty, thanks!

·
Premium Member
13,794 Posts

I’ll have to look at my units to see if they are adjustable. I don’t think they are yet I think I may have seen something one my 410 loader that may. I know that the Lee load all’s are by way of a bolt/nut on the main square tube.

Reactions: 95 taco

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know the newer versions can be set up for 3 inch shells....not sure on early versions... best to ask MEC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts