If a post gets deleted, does the person who posted it get any notification?

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by NRA_guy, Oct 19, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

Title says/asks it all.

I would have sworn that I posted a joke in the funnies thread a day or two ago, but I cannot find it now.

I am not 100% sure I actually finished posting it.

It was slightly off color but not nearly as bad as many I see there.

Thanks.

mascott likes this.
  2. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    I got one for posting a so called racist post.

3. Blackbeard

Blackbeard Administrator Staff Member

4. captain-03

captain-03 Moderator Staff Member MSGO Supporter

Byram, MS
    I deleted your post yesterday ... when a post is deleted we are given the option to notify the poster with the reason. I checked the notification block thinking that you would be automatically notified. I guess I will do it by a separate PM.

BTW - it was deleted due inappropriate content.

sigpro2022 and onlymaroonmatters like this.
  5. NRA_guy

No problem. I understand.

No big deal and no hard feelings.

I just couldn't remember if I had posted it or not. :)

Ah! Now I see the notification. It's right there in the corner.

Thanks.

6. captain-03

Byram, MS
    Appreciate your understanding ...

7. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Welcome to the club! :cool::p:confused:

94LEVERFAN, melmerf, SLBcmtr and 3 others like this.
  8. sigpro2022

sigpro2022 Distinguished Poster

My 5th grade granddaughter had my phone the other day. I had it on the MSGO funnies, thankfully there was nothing inappropriate on what she read. Thanks you BB & Mods for keeping this forum mostly family friendly. I did have to "ignore" a member who I believe has been banned before, I'm glad we have that option.

9. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

That right there is why we are so adamant about this staying a family friendly site. Some seem to think that posts with cursing and dirty jokes among other things are family friendly. They are not and are not allowed here. Yes some do slip through, for those that do please report them and one of us will handle it when we are able to. I know i do not have time to read every single thread and i am sure the others on staff do not as well.
    Thank you for the kind words.

10. NRA_guy

I agree, thanks for keeping it family friendly, Rw.

But "offense" is kind of like "beauty"---it exists only in the mind of the beholder (like the recent stories about banana peels and watermelons).

Of course, if you own or manage a forum, YOUR opinion matters the most.

For some reason that I will never understand, a few MSGO members find great humor in the use of the 4-letter term for flatulence.

My family has always deemed that an ignorant, vulgar, not-funny word, and we avoid its use (same for the vulgar terms used for urination and defecation).

I just try to ignore those "jokes" and consider the source to be crude.

Different strokes for different folks and all that.

sigpro2022, BasMstr and fordpkup like this.
  11. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

What do you do when you eat beans? I hope that you don,t toot.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  12. sigpro2022

We use "poot".

jakeg823 likes this.
  13. sigpro2022

We use "poot".

DEADEYE 1 likes this.
  14. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

15. DEADEYE 1

My Dad had a used car business back in the 70s and 80s. He had a row of office desks and movable dividers between the desks. We had a retired Air Force Veteran that had hearing aids. He had in the corner a good salesman named Jesse. He said one day they were sitting in their separate booths and the older veteran said Jesse, did you Toot.
    Jesse being the joker said; Bill I thought you had trouble hearing.
    To which Bill said; I didn,t say there was anything wrong with my Nose. :)

Now I am going to give my opinion, to which most may like but a few may not. get over it.
    I don,t use what I call filthy vulgarity, neither do I want to hang around people that use it all the time. If you don,t want your kids to hear any vulgarity;
    1.Throw away all your computers and eliminate any access to the internet.
    2. Throw away all TVS. You will hear more bad words on ABC, CBS, FOX and other local stations than you ever hear on here..
    3. Take your kids out of school, Home school them.
    Don,t judge your brother till you have walked a mile in his shoes or moccasins.
    Several of us, myself included have to deal with chronic serious pain, serious diseases and medical issues. Are on medications that cost thousands of dollars.
    Using humor is a way that helps deal with chronic pain and fighting every day to hold our head up and try to look forward to the day.
    Take the Apostle Paul and Peter. They would probably qualify as somewhat crude, were previously violent. The church is not made up of perfect people, the church is made up of people that are mostly good but without the Lord Jesus Christ will never be saved.
    If I have offended someone who thinks they are perfect and we are crude. Get over it.
    If you are a Buddist or Muslim, get over it.
    Moses was not perfect, Noah was not perfect, David was not perfect. The apostles were lowly fishermen, tax collectors, worked for the Jewish Sanhedrin. Yet God made them useful. So I will wear the [crude title] proudly.

94LEVERFAN, Jarhead5811 and patchz like this.
  16. NRA_guy

As Briscoe Darling told Andy Griffith, "Every man's entitled to his opinion."

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  17. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

I deal constantly with chronic pain and several medical problems, but you don't see me posting vulgar or indecent posts here. There's a little thing called common decency, the older guys here love to bitch and moan about the younger generations lack of it but ironically it's only the older guys posting the vulgarities here.

NRA_guy, Jarhead5811 and jakeg823 like this.
  18. captain-03

Byram, MS
    I don't necessarily agree .................

Quickeye, Jarhead5811 and fordpkup like this.
  19. DEADEYE 1

Sir watch it, you just used the B word. Mr Nra is going to deleat your post. As far as I can tell you do a good job. I am glad that you don,t have to deal with severe pain. When you hurt so bad that tears roll down your cheeks, but you are not crying like bo hoo, come back and tell me and everyone else that you have never had to fight the urge to say something under your breath. It is the ones that say they are so mentally tough that can,t deal with it when it hits you like a freight train. Saturday my buddys son was driving my 4 wheeler with about 900 pounds of seed and fertilizer on it. I pushed it though some loose sad and told him to gun it, he did and promptly ran over my right diabetic foot and the tire scraped down my right calf.
    It felt like someone hit me with a 4x4 post. I didnt cry and I didn,t cuss. That is not the kind of pain that I am talking about. It is pain that you go to sleep with and you wake up with.
    Neuropathic pain is the worst kind, it stings, it throbs, it burns. Like a scorpion sting It is not like getting your ribs broke or your face busted.
    When you discover what I am talking about, I,ll give you a medal. Hopefully you will never find out what it is like. I have had my nose broken several times, I broke my back and didn,t go to the doctor for almost 2 weeks. I went hunting and worked. Little stuff like that, I can take like an afternoon nap. That is one of my golden rules, treat everone as you want to be treated, till they start taking advantage of you. Don,t ever let anyone take your kindness for weakness.
    If you want to see how tough you are, I will bring you some scorpions, hornets, and yellowjackets. That is an example of how I use humor. I am making a point and kidding about it at the same time. That is not violent, that is something that the Good Lord put down here where I live and they don,t like it when I bump into them.

20. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

At times it is severe, i have been dealing with diabetic neuropathy for several years now. And have dealt with moderate to severe pain in my knees most of my life(30 plus years), totally untreated till a couple years ago. There is arthritis in most every joint i have.Yeah it hurts, i dont cry about it.. does no good. Most 60 year olds are better off mobility wise than i am at 44. My parents have zero issues with mobility where i have multiple.
    I spent the last 3 days setting up for a larger gun show dealer then working the show for them then tear down and load up. Was in pain the whole time yet i stood on my feet on the concrete all weekend with no complaints. Cant move very well today but i am moving.

94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.