close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

If anyone needs mulch

Discussion in 'General Off Topic' started by vr1967, May 5, 2016.

1. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

Built my wife a planter box the day before issues with my father started.

Today, I was finally able to go get her some mulch.

This is what $45 will get you at Phillips Bark in Brookhaven.

image.jpg

That is after I filled in all the corners to try and level it off some.

(Had to pick up some metal at Reed's so pic is in there shop)

I filled her 4x8x1 planter up to the top and still have enough in the truck for 2 or 3 more.

BasMstr, fordpkup, CajunBP and 2 others like this.
  2. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

The local tree trimmers needed a place to dump their load of chewed up trees so we let them dump a load in the field. That was 2 years ago and we still have a good pickup load left on the ground.

3. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

I saw an ad on craigslist for the chips from tree trimmers. It's located in CA, asked if I'd pay $50 per load, nope.
    I'll need to call some so they can start dumping here if they are in the area for free.

4. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

Sorry, but I didnt have time to wait or shop around.

Just was putting it out there in case others need to work on their "honey-do" list.

5. rebel4ever

rebel4ever I'll Play Dixie If I Want To MSGO Supporter

If you pile the tree trimmer mulch up and put eggs in it, it will cook your eggs. That stuff will kill whatever you put it on, if'n you don't wait a while. It gets hot. People used to beg the power company for it, then call complaining about what all it killed.

6. canebreaker

canebreaker Distinguished Poster

When mom lived at Oakland she got 3 large dump truck loads from the mill nearby. The driver charged $20 per load for the short distance he traveled. We sprayed it for termites when it was about 3 months old. Didn't dig into it until it was a year old.

7. BasMstr

BasMstr Distinguished Poster

Too bad they're so far away from me. Got a couple trees I could use some on.