Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I’ll blend it in and stipple it once the adhesive cures.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Shadow Systems mr920 and Zev OZ9 come with that grip angle or available backstrap to emulate it.

And some of the lesser priced frames/kits as well of course.

I find it telling that the 800.00 to 1800.00 guns do so.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shadow Systems mr920 and Zev OZ9 come with that grip angle or available backstrap to emulate it.

As well as some of the lesser priced frames/kits as well of course.

I find it telling that the 800.00 to 1800.00 guns do so.
Looking at a Shadow Systems is what led me down the P80 and OT Defense grip mod path.
I was about to get a 920, but looking at all the reliability issues they have discussed online has kept me away from them.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Looking at a Shadow Systems is what led me down the P80 and OT Defense grip mod path.
I was about to get a 920, but looking at all the reliability issues they have discussed online has kept me away from them.
I have an mr920 I have had no issues with. It has run quite well. My OZ9 on the other hand required a break-in period.

You are welcome to try them if you make it down my way.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have an mr920 I have had no issues with. It has run quite well. My OZ9 on the other hand required a break-in period.

You are welcome to try them if you make it down my way.
I appreciate the offer. I may end up with one, but for now I’m going to see if this mod is sturdy. If so, I have a new Gen 5 19 that I plan to mod. I’ll remove the hump, and have it milled for a dot by Impact Machine. They were accommodating with my Shadow and milled it deeper than normal and left all 4 recoil lugs to match the base of the DPP. I just have to decide which dot to have it milled for…. RMR or maybe the 509t.

Reactions: BladeZealot

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

The Glock frame, sans the hump, yields a grip angle that is the same as a P80…. Without introducing the P80 issues.
But in all fairness, my P80 seems to not have the issues that I read about so often. I think they might get a bad rap since some people are incapable of drilling a few holes and removing some tabs.

Reactions: BladeZealot

·
Registered
873 Posts
View attachment 273359
The Glock frame, sans the hump, yields a grip angle that is the same as a P80…. Without introducing the P80 issues.
But in all fairness, my P80 seems to not have the issues that I read about so often. I think they might get a bad rap since some people are incapable of drilling a few holes and removing some tabs.
I haven't done a ton of P80's but the few I have all went together without issue. I take my time, do a lot of slide racking prior to range time and use OEM glock lpk. No issues on the range yet.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

once the new stippling fills in with skin and dirt like the rest, it will match up pretty close.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,774 Posts
Looks pretty dang good. Matches the grip angle of the polymer 80 nicely.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
I haven't looked into it...but I have been told you can ship a handgun individual to individual in state. Intrastate commerce.

Again...I have not verified this.
I was thinking if recipient is not the owner then they need an FFL. But they can send it back to you since you're the owner.
I wonder how it would work if it was bought used??

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I’m too much of a halfasst to work on anyone else’s firearms. I’d check with Jason Pharez of Hot Iron Gun Works in Lucedale if you want something like this done professionally. He’s familiar with the process.

Or you can do it yourself. It’s not hard at all, but it takes a bit of “artistry” that I lack to make stippling look professional.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Reactions: onlymaroonmatters

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

went ahead and modded my CCW as well. I know, it looks like crap, but the 20lpi waffle stipple tip grabs dri fit shirts and causes them to ride up, so my halfassed cure is to just sand the points down a bit.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
11,160 Posts
I’m too much of a halfasst to work on anyone else’s firearms. I’d check with Jason Pharez of Hot Iron Gun Works in Lucedale if you want something like this done professionally. He’s familiar with the process.

Or you can do it yourself. It’s not hard at all, but it takes a bit of “artistry” that I lack to make stippling look professional. View attachment 273456
The stippling I’m fine with doing. Just want the “hump” removal

1 - 18 of 18 Posts