Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a suppressor. I am looking at Silencer Shop, Rugged Suppressor Surge 7.62, Tax Stamp, and NFA Gun Trust. Rock House Pawn in Meridian is a partner that can do the transfer.

Does anybody have feedback on Rugged Suppressor Surge or Silencer Shop? Does anyone recommend a different 300 WinMag/308 Win rated silencer? I want a silencer that can be versatile. I want it for a 223 rifle now, but would like to be able to use it with a 308 rifle also.

I'm just wanting the best advice before getting in line waiting to be judged by Satan.
50914279_1209215495908823_1013658249159132604_n.jpg

·
Registered
10,564 Posts
I have no experience with the rugged suppressors but they seem to be good from what I read/see on YouTube.

If you want lightweight and inexpensive direct thread but still 300wm rated the Gemtech tracker is good. It is not FA rated so you will have to let it cool after periods of fire (10-15rds).

One of the most versatile out there is the Sil.co. Hybrid. You can get piston adapters to use it on pistols as well as rifles up to 458.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,516 Posts
I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here... you might consider waiting out the eventual political fallout of what happened recently in Virginia... along with our POTUS declaration that he really didn't like such devices... o_O

(and hopefully all the brouhaha from that tragic event finally quietens down and fades away.)

Or do this - just go for it... ;)

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
There are tons of suppressor demo and review videos on YouTube. Nfa review channel, military arms channel and Dustin ellerman all do suppressor ones. There’s lots of garbage tests that are inaccurate on there but these guys are trustworthy.

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
I'm gonna be the devil's advocate here... you might consider waiting out the eventual political fallout of what happened recently in Virginia... along with our POTUS declaration that he really didn't like such devices... o_O

(and hopefully all the brouhaha from that tragic event finally quietens down and fades away.)

That is what I am doing, can’t afford to just waste $1100 or so for the rifle can I want plus the stamp.
Trump is more unpredictable than my psychotic bipolar cat.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,516 Posts
That is what I am doing, can’t afford to just waste $1100 or so for the rifle can I want plus the stamp.
Trump is more unpredictable than my psychotic bipolar cat.
Precisely so... ;)

As much as I would like to have a "suppressor"... a.k.a. "can"... I really don't need it where I live. Every neighbor I have around here shoots firearms.

Add in that I don't want nor prefer the additional gubbermit involvement in my life... :D

I'll just keep making gun noises with my neighbors... :cool:

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
IF we all wait for every eventual political fallout to happen we probably would never own a lot of stuff.

·
I’ve got one more silver dollar
922 Posts
There is already a loooong wait so every day you put it off it’s that much longer. Although I get what you are saying. I have two in jail and If they ban them before I ever get to take possession of them I’m gonna be beyond furious.
I went with a Sandman S. I will say take a look at it , it’s very versatile . Thanks to our great NFA system obviously I have never actually shot it to give you my feedback. 248 days in today according to the countdown app on my phone

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,117 Posts
IF we all wait for every eventual political fallout to happen we probably would never own a lot of stuff.
True but since he has stated he doesn't like them, and that he is thinking of banning them, might , just might be prudent to wait out , and I quote RW, " psychotic bipolar cat."

·
Registered
120 Posts
I purchased a rugged obsidian 9 from Silencer Shop. They make it very easy, especially with the kiosk system. I recommend them for sure. I called and spoke to the folks over there a couple times too, very helpful. Took about 6 months from order to possession, if I recall correctly.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,395 Posts
The only way to go is with the silencershop kiosk. However can order from anywhere and still use it. Though it's easier to use Silencershop for initial can purchase if in stock and not over priced. It's also nice if your dealer has an indoor range so you can make "shooting" visits and spend some time with it.

No personal experience with Rugged, however my next can is going to be a rugged Obsidian 45. Through all my google and YouTube research.

:2cents: On the whole issue of potus not liking them and possible future ban is that unlike bumpstocks that are not regulated at all and cans having so much paper work including fingerprints and other info attached to them, wishful thinking is that they will be grandfathered in. So actually now is the time to jump. Just hoping mine will get realeased soon, getting close to a year. I would already have another in the works but I will be changing my address the end of this year and don't want to fool with updating my paperwork while it's still pending. Gonna be a pain to change the ones I've got already.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,117 Posts
:2cents: On the whole issue of potus not liking them and possible future ban is that unlike bumpstocks that are not regulated at all and cans having so much paper work including fingerprints and other info attached to them, wishful thinking is that they will be grandfathered in. So actually now is the time to jump. Just hoping mine will get realeased soon, getting close to a year. I would already have another in the works but I will be changing my address the end of this year and don't want to fool with updating my paperwork while it's still pending. Gonna be a pain to change the ones I've got already.
Now with Trump nothing is a sure thing regardless of the paperwork involved. Especially being grandfathered. There's not even any guarantee that when they spit out a AWB that they will be grandfathered.
But the question is will he do it or not? He's pretty fickle so it probably would not take but one more incident for him to step outside his power and have them banned.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,395 Posts
Now with Trump nothing is a sure thing regardless of the paperwork involved. Especially being grandfathered. There's not even any guarantee that when they spit out a AWB that they will be grandfathered.
But the question is will he do it or not? He's pretty fickle so it probably would not take but one more incident for him to step outside his power and have them banned.
IMG_4798.jpg

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
The only thing guaranteed with the cheeto is no one knows what his next move will be.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
There is already a loooong wait so every day you put it off it’s that much longer. I went with a Sandman S. I will say take a look at it , it’s very versatile . Thanks to our great NFA system obviously I have never actually shot it to give you my feedback. 248 days in today according to the countdown app on my phone
Sandman TI for me. Been waiting 303 days now.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Precisely so... ;)

As much as I would like to have a "suppressor"... a.k.a. "can"... I really don't need it where I live. Every neighbor I have around here shoots firearms.

Add in that I don't want nor prefer the additional gubbermit involvement in my life... :D

I'll just keep making gun noises with my neighbors... :cool:
That has been my attitude. I do have some consideration for my neighbor and pops sleeping.

That is my thinking also. I would add that I am more concerned with the wishy washy courts, and Orange Man is packing the courts with judges that are just as wishy washy as he is on the 2nd Amendment.

I have been waiting. Nothing came of The Hearing Protection Act. Now here we are again with the real possibility of 1986 happening all over again. Like I stated the courts are wishy washy. If the courts uphold the constitution, they must strike down ex post facto law. That would be were some are saying "grandfathered", but look what happened with bump stocks.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Reactions: rigrat
1 - 20 of 36 Posts