Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out in my shop cleaning my new Kimber. To say that I'm impressed would be an understatement. The stock has one very, very light razor cut around 2" long at rear of the stock. When I pulled the stock and looked inside at the cutout of the trigger and other areas, the cuts were almost like a sanding machine had made the cuts. No jagged cuts, everything was exceptionally clean cut like you see on a high priced rifle with a wooden stock. Next, I disassembled the bolt. Absolutely no rust at all. Everything was well oiled and polished. The action group was well oiled and no rust anywhere The barrel exterior had no rust of any type anywhere. The bore was slightly dirty and I'm in the process of giving it a good cleaning. The lands and grooves are well defined. Not the first speck of rust could be found on this "Rusty" Kimber. It's almost as if the wrong tag was put on this rifle when it was put out in the rack. I'm very lucky. I will post some pictures when I get through cleaning it up. I hope that the one jbpmidas got for his son is in as good of shape as this one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're both right. I went and shot it and no matter what I do, it keeps curving the bullets to the x-ring. I tried aiming a yard to the right and a yard to the left and it keeps curving the bullets to the x-ring. I guess I'll just have to scrap it and get another. I would sell it, but I wouldn't want to sell a "defective" rifle to anyone.

· Registered
8,196 Posts
SGMJody said:
I think you're both right. I went and shot it and no matter what I do, it keeps curving the bullets to the x-ring. I tried aiming a yard to the right and a yard to the left and it keeps curving the bullets to the x-ring. I guess I'll just have to scrap it and get another. I would sell it, but I wouldn't want to sell a "defective" rifle to anyone.
I wouldn't call BS, but I'll have to see it to believe it! The biggest hole in your story is that you went and shot it in the snow!

· Premium Member
21,635 Posts
I am IMPRESSED - Both with the Rifle AND your ability to put everything into the X-Ring regardless!! Looks like you got ANOTHER good'un!!

I just may need another!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.