Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat new to reloading so I am yet to buy a reloading book (I cannot decide which one to get first). Anyway, I bought a classic lee loader for a few calibers as I enjoy doing it that way rather than a dedicated reloading space with presses, etc. The powder I use for my other calibers (357 magnum and 32-20) is IMR 4227. I have found some load data from the interwebs that show load data for IMR 4227 and 45-70. I am using 32.6 grains and it is producing (according to data, 1550 fps). I have killed a doe with that load last year and was pleased with results. I say all that to say, has anyone ever used, and or currently using this powder for 45-70. The gun I am using this in is a Uberti High Wall with 28" barrel.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I am old school and prefer manuals. Didn't have internet back then and I still have some that were purchased in the 70's. But you can find all reloading data on the web. Vita Vhouri, Hodgdon, Accurate, Ramshot on company websites. Hornady, Barnes and Berger have load data posted. Sierra has a phone app. May be others that can be trusted, I haven't checked. My son uses the net a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts