close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

In a nutshell, SBR carry, legal or not?

Discussion in 'Mississippi Gun Laws' started by blcouch, Apr 25, 2016.

1. blcouch

blcouch Distinguished Poster

I have a permit and IC. I am familiar with NFA laws. I've also searched the info I can find online but haven't found a clear answer. Is carry of an SBR, say in a backpack or Bauer Bag, legal? In a practical sense, an SBR differs little from a big pistol with a brace. Legally I'm not sure. Legal experts?

2. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    You're asking at the wrong place if you looking for legal experts, ain't none here. But in my non expert legal opinion I would say no since the permit law says pistol or revolver and a SBR is neither.

3. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

What is it they say...'opinions are like ___'? (retorical)...my opinion is different. As MS code (45-9-101) only authorizes the dept of public safety to regulate conceal carry of 'stun guns, concealed pistols or revolvers...', it seems to me long guns default back to our constitutional right to keep and bear.

4. fredfredfred

fredfredfred Fred endorses this message

I think that 97-37-1 address this. No rifles with barrels less than... and shotguns with barrels less than... Then goes on to say pistols unless you have a Concealed carry permit. In essence, you can carry a SBR, just not concealed. At least that is the way I read the law..