Mississippi Gun Owners banner

In the meantime a viable option ?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  PhillipM 
#1 ·
I'm talking about Pascagoula.
I went down there and joined last weekend just $75. I know a little about what is going on there. Its a nice range to look at, concrete firing line that is covered,16 targets and berm at a glance looks good....but i did go look behind and seen the railroad ties,carriers are working,but berm in bad shape,ties are leaning. The range is in working condition and we will be shooting next month. Any interest from Mississippi shooters coming down and joining club ? Too far ?

#4 ·
Looks can be deceiving. As a guest I attended Pascagoula's annual meeting and they had declared the safety berm unsafe, or on the edge of being unsafe and had suspended highpower competition, with the exception of the EIC match that was cancelled due to Issac. As a stopgap measure the safety berm was constructed on a shoestring of pure sand and now it has eroded to the point it will be a safety concern.

I don't know how much of their business I should put out in public so I'll leave out the money involved and say the a new berm was quoted by the same company that built the fine facility at Palo Alto. That amount is far out of their budget and what they wound up with was earmarking 50% of the cost and then for every dollar raised, the club would match it to the full amount.

Also the contractor said due to the range being in a swamp, he could only construct a berm during the driest time of year which is August, Maybe July, I don't recall exactly. So even if they had the money the berm couldn't possibly be usable until late next year... and all that was before Issac. I've not heard any reports since it flooded.

I liked the people I met there and look forward to shooting with them again as the range draws some serious competitors from Florida.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.