Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
know a guy that came across an AR at a good deal. and is wanting to find the best least expensive red dot or some such optic to install. Maybe even a 4x scope or such. Any suggestions? I would think under $200 range.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I have been shopping optics online pretty much all day. There's a ton of good deals out there right. But as far as I can tell nothing is touching the SWFA sale. And not because the prices are just so terribly low,.l but because the scopes are supposed to be quality pieces at the lowest price they will be all year. At these prices you are almost guaranteed to be able to get your investment back even on a well used scope.

So if it was me looking right now and the extra coin was there I'd without a doubt get the 1-4x24 for $299.

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope | SWFA

I don't even need a scope and it's really a scope and I want to make a purchase one. And the new 10x42 moa/moa looks like a good purchase for a .22 I have sitting up.

You should at least check the reviews on them and consider it while the sale is still on.

Also check some of the Black Friday deals on SlickGuns.com. I've seen quite a few pretty decent deals lately for red dots and scopes.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,164 Posts
I have been AR scope "window" shopping too. I have narrowed down to a Nikon 3x P-223 or 1.5-4.5x M-223 The reviews I have read have been good.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,588 Posts

·
Hiding in plain sight.
2,216 Posts
Another option is a burris fastfire 2 in a AF3 mount. Total in would be around $250ish depending on where you get the fastfire 2.

Sent from my tin can using a string.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
For red dots. I will say Primary Arms is by far the best bang for buck. The basic or the advanced MD. I have run both on shotguns, AKs and ARs. Never had one fail. I shoot a lot now days too. Multiple training classes per year.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Conventional wisdom says: "It is better to put a $1000 optic on a $100 firearm than a $100 optic on a $1000 firearm". That being said, the only chinese red dot I would trust are the Vortex line. Other than that, go with Aimpoint, Elcan, Leupold, and EoTech (if you like them). For the price, the Aimpoint PRO (Rifle Patrol Optic) is a hellva buy!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Colonel, I think he might have made a decision by now.

Original post was in November.

But, I do agree with what you said.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts