Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll my brothers in the south ... liberal NY politicians twist the knife in a little deeper to the already raped and broken NYS citizens . As of today 3/11/16 the New York State Police have issued a unofficial statement about ownership of AR's and AK's after a visit to a local Gun shop .(A written statement will be received within 30 days ) This guy Ed owns a local and very successful gun shop called Dark Storm Industries or DSI for short (a compliant AR-15 shop). Ed has been a leader in these parts .. taken on NYS via lawsuits and other means , he is also a forum sponsor to our club Longislandfirearms.com anyhow if you take the time to read this link you will see it effects ALL of NYS and includes such aftermarket accessories as THE SPUR (grip) THE THORSEN STOCK , THE MONSTERMAN GRIP and the "BOAR" . The ONLY LEGAL compliant feature NOW is "The Fixed Mag option" . Anyhow that's how things roll here in New York click the link to the story to follow the drama on my club site . I'll post the text .
NYSP SAFE Act Update 3-11-2016 - Firearm Ban & Recent Events

NYSP SAFE Act Update 3-11-2016

Effective March 11, 2016 we have been advised by the New York State Police Troop L Gun Investigation Unit that their official determinations have now been made on a number of items and configurations of semi-automatic rifles under the SAFE Act. We have requested they provide a formal notification in writing which we expect to see in the next 30 days. We are working with our attorneys as well as attorneys representing some of the component manufacturers to explore legal challenge options. Below is a summary of what we have been advised:

- Any “featureless” configuration on an AR or AK style receiver is NOT compliant. This includes: the Spur, the Thordsen FRS, the Monsterman, the Boar and all other similar items where the hand is below the action of the rifle.
- “Featureless” rifles including the Mini 14, Saiga Sporter, Ruger 10/22, Ares SCR, etc. where the hand is behind the action of the rifle ARE compliant.
- The AR Mag-Lock mechanism which allows removal of the magazine when the action is open is NOT compliant.
- The DS-15 FX series fixed magazine receiver and rifles which are manufactured as a “fixed magazine” ARE compliant.

This information is subject to change and clarification. No other clarifications have been issued at this time leaving some products still in the grey area. As always, we are not attorneys and do not offer legal advice, we are only trying to pass along information as it becomes available to us.

·
Curmudgeon extraordinaire
8,082 Posts
Freedom is tough to gain and easy to lose. The individual is the original means, and only firewall once it is obtained.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,731 Posts
Hmmmm. Seems that "featureless" (similar to beauty) is in the mind of the beholder.

Did the so-called Safe Act ban featureless parts?

Still, how could anybody deem the AR Mag-Lock mechanism which allows removal of the magazine when the action is open "featureless"?

Seems like a VERY valuable feature to me when one is defending his home from a bunch of domestic terrorists.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmmmm. Seems that "featureless" (similar to beauty) is in the mind of the beholder.

Did the so-called Safe Act ban featureless parts?

Still, how could anybody deem the AR Mag-Lock mechanism which allows removal of the magazine when the action is open "featureless"?

Seems like a VERY valuable feature to me when one is defending his home from a bunch of domestic terrorists.
No mention of featureless accessories in Safe Act they weren't invented yet.

Anyway emotions and rumors are just running rampaged right now .... We'll have to see what's to come ... And how to fight it .

Are Fixed mag options can't be removed simply by opening the action - it's a drilled and threaded hole that a Allen screw is installed and epoxied over .

I post this thread not for your pity ... But as a warning that this stuff is going on "right now" not sometime in passed history so be careful who you elect to office this is the most important time of OUR history .

and beware of false GODs .

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob my friend sounds like you need to make a permanent pilgrimage south! :D
I have twelve years left on my sentence here in NY ;) that is what my friends and I sit around dreaming about :) but we consider NY the front lines in twelve years it could be a lot further south by then . Just keep all the Liberals out for as long as you can and I'll see you when I get there . Lol :)

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Rob my friend sounds like you need to make a permanent pilgrimage south! :D
While I agree with your sentiment, I would argue that Rob and his like-minded friends need to fight to take New York back. It wasn't always that way.

Besides, some of them sneaky lefties might come with him!

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
No mention of featureless accessories in Safe Act they weren't invented yet.

Anyway emotions and rumors are just running rampaged right now .... We'll have to see what's to come ... And how to fight it .

Are Fixed mag options can't be removed simply by opening the action - it's a drilled and threaded hole that a Allen screw is installed and epoxied over .

I post this thread not for your pity ... But as a warning that this stuff is going on "right now" not sometime in passed history so be careful who you elect to office this is the most important time of OUR history .

and beware of false GODs .

That pretty much covers it...

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I will say this; having grown up in the NY metro area (northern NJ). Gun freedom has always (or at least in my lifetime) been in short supply there. When I first started buying guns (mid '70s) I had to apply for a permit to purchase; a max of two per application; hand guns. A carry permit required chief of police sign off and a enforcement letter from a state senator. Which is to say it was a long and expensive process that required a lawyer and most likely a year long wait.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
While I agree with your sentiment, I would argue that Rob and his like-minded friends need to fight to take New York back. It wasn't always that way.

Besides, some of them sneaky lefties might come with him!
This is 100% the way I feel ... born and raise here . We have a very big influx of people coming here for hi paying Careers that bring there liberal taught college educations and views with them , everyone of them what to change something or "SAVE" the world no one just lives anymore .
On a side note I did just get back from the Hauppauge gun show (very crowded) a lot of neutered rifles :(
And I couldn't live with myself if I infected ya'll .... :)

·
Premium Member
10,358 Posts
I have twelve years left on my sentence here in NY ;) that is what my friends and I sit around dreaming about :) but we consider NY the front lines in twelve years it could be a lot further south by then . Just keep all the Liberals out for as long as you can and I'll see you when I get there . Lol :)
Oh , Boy , Is there truth in that statement; IT happened to Colorado & appears to be starting in Texas, with influx of liberal population. Need a Border check @ stateline:deadend:if your a liberal.lol

·
Registered
17,672 Posts
26 pages in that NY thread. We need to be thankful our State officials have made our laws more agreeable
to private ownership. There's a problem up there (besides being north of the Mason/Dixon line).

We visited western NY State a few years ago and I was struck with how "*******" those folks were. By that.
I mean I could have been in downtown Glading, MS (Google that) and right at home. It's a damn shame that
the NY City liberalism has overpowered the upstate and western rural areas..

SouthshoreBob: Tell all your LI buddies that you can find homes for all of the supposed non-compliant ARs
that any of the forum members may still have ... even after their local boating accidents!!!

Let us know if anything is clarified come Monday.

(PS. Tell Toothy I feel his pain!!!)

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,338 Posts
What's scary here is the unfettered power of a State Police agency to exert limits and arbitrary determination over the freedoms and rights enjoyed by individual citizens.

"To Protect and Serve" has been replaced with something sinister that echoes the very image of European and South American "police states" run by leftist politicians where said police exist to control the people thru fear and oppression at the whim of those in power.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
26 pages in that NY thread. We need to be thankful our State officials have made our laws more agreeable
to private ownership. There's a problem up there (besides being north of the Mason/Dixon line).

We visited western NY State a few years ago and I was struck with how "*******" those folks were. By that.
I mean I could have been in downtown Glading, MS (Google that) and right at home. It's a damn shame that
the NY City liberalism has overpowered the upstate and western rural areas..

SouthshoreBob: Tell all your LI buddies that you can find homes for all of the supposed non-compliant ARs
that any of the forum members may still have ... even after their local boating accidents!!!

Let us know if anything is clarified come Monday.

(PS. Tell Toothy I feel his pain!!!)
Thanks buddy ...this whole thing came out of left field week , emotions are running high here . The two day gun show was told to stop selling AR's today . Websites pages selling stuff have been halted ... I'am even finding it hard to find pic's of compliant rifles to post . But being nice weather up here I have limited online time right now . But we do have a lot of good olde boys here less than 50,000 of an estimated 1.5 million NY AR's we're never registered :) if you want a look a the B.S laws first hand take a look here just don't eat first it might come back up ...... NYSAFE Act Gun Reform | Governor Andrew M. Cuomo

1 - 20 of 21 Posts