Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm eye-balling a used T/C Encore pistol at a LGS. It has a 15" bbl in .45/70 Gov't. The thing is, it has no sights / bases at all . . . just the tapped holes.

I've done a Google search for everything I can think of . . . and all I'm coming up with are a few sites that sell peep sights to fit the Encore rifle/carbine. I don't particularly want a peep sight on a .45/70 pistol. I don't really want a scope base, either. Really looking for iron sights.

I've got an email in to T/C's customer service, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Do any of you know where to find some iron sights to fit the .45/70 Encore pistol? Or perhaps sights for another model (CVA, etc.) that will fit?

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the normal pistol iron sights are the same for all calibers. You can occasionally find a set on Gunbroker or Ebay but they aren't cheap. I'm in need of a set myself.

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Back when I had my shop, silhouette shooting was all the rage and I often got different sights for 15" Contenders; seems like Brownell's had a good selection of bases with the right hole spacing (basically just rifle ramps for the front). I'd go to their site and search/ask.

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,296 Posts
I found some adjustable sights for my older Contender barrel on e-bay. Just type in
sights or parts for Thompson Center Encore barrel.
Mr. Twang B I just typed in Rear sights for TC BARREL and I found 2 sets on E-BAY.
One had a fiber optic front . One 40 plus shipping and the other 50 bucks and free shipping.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Might try williams. My Encore muzzleloader came with williams from the factoy. Also fox ridge outfitters (eabco.com) for custom stuff

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,296 Posts
I guess he must have went a different route.

·
Super Moderator
8,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ones on Ebay won't work. The front sight on the gun I'm looking at attaches with 2 screws. The ones on Ebay attach with 1 screw, in the middle. The guy I spoke to at Williams said this is an "old style" that he hasn't seen in a while. The front sights he sells mount with 1 screw. He could "rig something up", but it would cost more.

All this Encore has are 2 holes where the front sight goes, and 2 holes where the rear sight goes. If I wanted a scope base (which I don't), I would still need to have more holes drilled.

Gun Parts Corp / Numrich Arms shows the parts I need but they're "Out Of Stock".

I did find a REAR sight what would work on Ebay . . . for $130. No, thanks.

If I have to sink another $130+ into the gun, just to make it "shootable", then it's no longer a bargain.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Twangbanger, check to see if there are two rear holes that are filled in - maybe with flush screws. Both the Encore pistol barrels I have are 2 front holes and 4 rear holes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts