Isreali Military 9mm ammo

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by DEADEYE 1, May 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have had a couple guys asking me to get some good hollow-point for 9mm.
    I have some of the Hornady custom in different calibers.
    Couple weeks ago Midway was offering me a birthday discount. So I bought 2, 50 round boxes of it. It is hollow-point with angles cut around the edge for ripping up muscle and flesh.
    I would like to test it on armadillos, maybe get my Beretta 92 or SIG sighted in with it.

rigrat likes this.
  2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I got a couple or 10 boxes. Good looking ammo. Haven't shot any yet.

3. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Are y'all talkin about the new NOV X, ARX cartridge??? Polished stainless steel case?
    NOV X just received their patent for this round, and it's supposed to be unlike anything out there, including the brass variety by Poly Case, and Ruger.

It's reviewed as having a horrific wound cavity. Case and bullet design are new and patented. Maybe somebody leaked to Polycase and Ruger, while patent was pending?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    NovX 9mm ARX

JohnDeere and rigrat like this.
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

No. I think he's referring to the XTP Custom. Available in several calibers and bullet weights. Good ammo, I've shot it occasionally.

[​IMG]

5. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

I thought Israeli military 9mm was +p+ fmj ?

6. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

It is neither of those. I will see if I can locate a picture. But XTP is my reloading bullet!

[​IMG]

7. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

8. gutdoc

[​IMG]
    I can’t get pics to load today. My last attempt

It works!

9. GunnyGene

The IMI looks very similar to the Hornady XTP, but couldn't tell if it has the cannelure. I expect they would perform about the same.

10. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam&PersianGulf Wars MSGO Supporter

Golly Dog. The USA Public is fickle. Anybody remember the "Black Talon", 147 JHP, that Winchester had to withdraw from sale in early 1990 because of the outcry that it was from the devil and would rip open doctors' surgical gloves, and infect them with blood poison and eternal damnation???

[​IMG]

11. gutdoc

That video was posted by mistake. I was attempting to post the second pic but sometimes my iPad has a mind of its own.

FWIW, I picked up a case of the IMI in the vid a couple of years ago. That’s the ones I would like to run through a PCC, but I’m not sure how safe it would be. My best guesstimate was that it’ll be push8ng aro7nd 1600fps out of a 16 inch.

rigrat likes this.
  12. gutdoc

For over 5 years I’ve had a 9mm round of this deadly stuff in a piece of pottery. I see this post and decide to take a picture of it, but it’s gone. Primer is struck just off of center and a tad light, which saved a big kaboom. A story for another day

13. GunnyGene

Yeah I remember it. A lot of outrage and hype over it.:rolleyes:

rigrat and Quickeye like this.
  14. GunnyGene

A little deeper cuts in the nose, which would probably start to expand a little sooner than the XTP, and therefore maybe a little less penetration.

Overall in the last 40 years or so, I see a lot of insignificant tweaks in ammo by mfg's competing for the "Bestest of All Time" trophy. Boutique bullets, powders, etc., in all calibers including rifle, and shotgun.

I guarantee this combo isn't something anyone would want to be shot by. ;):D

[​IMG]

Blondie70 likes this.
  15. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    I bought a 1000 rounds when it was on sale right after the 1st of the year. I've only shot a box of it. No problems with it in my Shield or full size M&P

16. GunnyGene

Let's compare an M-9 to an 1860 Army. :)

17. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I would think and as it showed the 44 ball had a small wound channel. That would lend to less bleeding than the 9 which tumbled and gave a better wound channel. Then if you was to use HP's there would be even less resemblance.
    So would the 44 ball kill you? Yes it would but I believe IMO that the 9 would do more damage even ball round to FMJ. Interesting though and I would not want to be shot with either.

SLBcmtr likes this.
  18. GunnyGene

I didn't find a video, but I'd like to see how a late 1800's lead HP in a bp revolver would fare vs. a modern jacketed hp in a semi-auto. I'd bet there wouldn't be a whole lot of difference.

rigrat likes this.
  19. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Yes a dead soft lead HP would make a world of difference. To me that would be like a 38 special LSWC Hp in power and damage.

20. 2DARK2C

2DARK2C Distinguished Poster

or a .357 pcp air gun :) dead is dead.