close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Issaquena Teddy Bears

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by 93bronco, Dec 3, 2017.

1. 93bronco

93bronco Active Member

While doing some handgun hunting ,these fellers decided to bust up my hunt.Was only worried about two things,candy bars in the jeep and them sniffing the vanilla where I walked up the steps to the stand.Wasted a good Grizzly .41 mag in the air to send them scurrying.No bruin or deer were hurt in this incounter. IMG_20171202_154859980_HDR.jpg IMG_20171202_154859980_HDR.jpg IMG_20171202_155019085_HDR.jpg IMG_20171202_154953789_HDR.jpg IMG_20171202_154953789_HDR (1).jpg

2. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Do they taste like chicken. I find one on my front porch, I will let y'all know.

Mesquite likes this.

3. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

And Bronco, were you hunting in camp, or did you climb that tree after the bear(s) encounter. Inquiring minds, lol.

Mesquite and steve2112 like this.
  4. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    They don't taste like chicken, had bear roast once, pretty nasty tasting.

94LEVERFAN, Blondie70 and mascott like this.
  5. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Not a bear chef,even though I have stayed at a Holiday Inn before :rolleyes:,
    But have eaten good samplings of it. Talking to few folks & reading on it - that like alot of game; preparation / technique goes long way in end result.

6. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Never ate bear that was good either. And have tried it several times. YUCK!

bubbat likes this.
  7. 93bronco

93bronco Active Member

lol ,but did entertain that thought last year when I walked up on the teddy bears pappy.

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  8. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

I've eaten bear once. It was ground up and made into sausage balls. Very good.

9. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    I worked a 3 day strike in Bangor, ME a few years back. One of the locals I worked with was from a family that owned a lot of land and made a living off of guided hunting and fishing. According to her bear is very greasy and has to be prepared right to be any good. She said that if not cooked right it's garbage. She was out of bear meat but brought me moose in a crock pot and lobster that was top notch

94LEVERFAN, mascott, BasMstr and 3 others like this.
  10. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Moose is a bit greasy too. I've had Moose burgers, but they weren't bad, not as good as venison burgers but not bad.

94LEVERFAN, Cliff731 and mascott like this.