Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to do my best work in waves, I end up going a few weeks with little to no sleep and then get caught playing catch up with life and my real job. This has been one of my better weeks, with at least this much on my bench being finished right now.

This is a 3" ammo belt rig with a cross draw for a 6.5" Ruger SBH in 45 Colt. He wanted the wide belt so that it could be loaded with 45-70 cartridges as well!

Group photo:

Springfield XDS:

S&W revolver holsters:

An Elephant inlayed 'Snap Jack', really love this combo:

Commander length 1911 pancakes:

Another commander length 1911 pancake with matching belt:

Commander 1911 & a 4" J-frame pancake pair:

Southpaw rig for a 3.8 XDM:

Really nice lined and weaved pancake for a S&W 3" N-frame:

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Yeah, well, I suppose that industrial kryptonite powered sewing machine makes all that possible...:youdaman:

Seriously though, that is some VERY nice work. You inspire me sir.

And that elephant inlay might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I might need to go get a cowboy gun just so I can get a holster/belt like that.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
One day -- One day, I will have one of your beautiful pieces of art -- and that is exactly what they are -- Beautiful ART!!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The beautiful elephant rig was for me and it arrived today. It is for my Model 64 snubbie, and is a beautiful piece. It fits my snubbie quite nicely. Two of the black scabbards (GP100 and M19) are also mine and the fit and finish is perfect. Very nice work. Thanks Eaglestroker.
Gonzo

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
msppiguy said:
Nice work. Glad to see pics of them. I have heard others on here talk about your work. Very very nice.  
Thanks for the compliments! You can see a lot more of it on my website, links in my signature.

onenineoneone said:
Yeah, well, I suppose that industrial kryptonite powered sewing machine makes all that possible...:youdaman:

Seriously though, that is some VERY nice work. You inspire me sir.

And that elephant inlay might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I might need to go get a cowboy gun just so I can get a holster/belt like that.
That machine didn't come cheaper, either. Worth every penny. The elephant inlays are pretty enjoyable but much more of a puzzle. I just traded for about 4 sq ft of black elephant hide so I should have more to show off before to terrible long.

Xd357 said:
dhollis51 said:
Damn black xds holsters. :(
You better get one!

Nice work rob!
Thanks!

captain-03 said:
One day -- One day, I will have one of your beautiful pieces of art -- and that is exactly what they are -- Beautiful ART!!
Thanks capt, I'll be happy to make you something too!

SubGunFan said:
Yes, beautiful work. And lots of HARD work............

I don't think hard is a good word for it SGF, time consuming is though. Just takes a long time to half way figure out what your doing!

TheGreatGonzo said:
The beautiful elephant rig was for me and it arrived today. It is for my Model 64 snubbie, and is a beautiful piece. It fits my snubbie quite nicely. Two of the black scabbards (GP100 and M19) are also mine and the fit and finish is perfect. Very nice work. Thanks Eaglestroker.
Gonzo
Thank you for the kind words Gonzo. That elephant rig was definitely much nicer than my own, and that is why I never sell the first one. :thumbup:

dhollis51 said:
Xd357 said:
dhollis51 said:
Damn black xds holsters. :(
You better get one!

Nice work rob!
I texted him about a brown one and he said I was 20 mins late or one of those would have been brown. :(
A little patience never killed anyone :)

Scharfschütze said:
Beautiful work Robert!
Very curious to see what you'll come up with for my um, medieval weapon...
;)
It should be just the ticket for you!

Update for today. As most of ya'll know I have a friend that helps me in the shop, mostly because we have fun together and both find it relaxing. Every now and then we even get a rig out of it for ourselves :D He's been wanting to try a geometric basket weave pattern for a while and finally had the reason to do it on this project. Wouldn't change a thing on this one.

·
Registered
12,298 Posts
Eaglestroker said:
dhollis51 said:
That's a fine setup. That my brown one? :)
 Your to cheap to order one like that... :)

Something else I KNOW you 'NEED'

Dang it boy. I gotta quit buying things. :(.

One of these days I'm gonna get something besides a plain Jane holster but it will have to be for a special gun I don't have yet. :(.

The sling is looking good. You need a beta tester for it? :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have a question. I know a fellow in Arkansas that does leather work and makes holsters. He does a setup like yours but on a western style belt.
He offers a setup that I really find interesting. I have a addiction to ruger blackhawks and have a group of 4 5/8" guns. The guy in ARk. makes ammo strips in a variety of calibers that use Chicago screws to attatch to the belt. If all were setup to the same length and same hole pattern. You could use the same rig for different calibers by just switching out the ammo strips.

Would you concider making something like that and what would be the cost for something like that.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tek, I have messed with a few variations of that actually. My intention with the canvas ammo loops, if you saw that rig, was that the 'strip' could be interchanged. On the rig I posted I space it out in 4 sections so that if I chose to they could be attached that way and ended up stitching/riveting it on. Webbing is roughly half the material cost of leather so there is a cash incentive as well as the fact you can leave the loops loaded with no ill effects.

The other alternative to that is ammo slides. I did a rig for a customer in west Texas with an extensive single action collection last year that fit a few different barrel length Rugers/Colts along with cartridge slides.

·
Premium Member
13,095 Posts
Dang!!! That is some beautiful work. :daman:

Reactions: mascott and Xd357
1 - 20 of 20 Posts