Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who has some 9mm and he wants $40/50 rounds. I told him he is nuts. After I looked around the net it looks like I may be!!!! At least 22 has not gone up yet ( I don’t guess it has). Glad I planned ahead.

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
9mm $ depends on what you're looking at. Range ammo isn't too bad, I've seen it for $15-$20 for 50rnd box recently. SD ammo is running around 85cents/round and up locally, some as much as $1.75/rnd. Just gotta make sure the target is worth the cost of a mag dump. ;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap has been high for weeks. And getting worse. 22 online going for at least 22¢ a round. Nope
Wow! Hadn’t seen that! I was looking to maybe sell 2 of my Remington 1400 count buckets. That’s over $300 a bucket! If it’s that scarce I’ll keep them! I can’t imagine paying that much. I think asking that much is awful as well.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,855 Posts
Wow! Hadn’t seen that! I was looking to maybe sell 2 of my Remington 1400 count buckets. That’s over $300 a bucket! If it’s that scarce I’ll keep them! I can’t imagine paying that much. I think asking that much is awful as well.
Agreed.

Forget gold and silver, the trending precious metal is lead 🤠.
Agree as well. Have some friends that have "invested" in those metals. I however chose the latter.

Guys I think there is a bigger picture. After our UNCLE sees what's going on with the ammo rush THERE WILL BE SOME MAJOR TAXES ADDED TO AMMO..........::A GUN WITHOUT AMMO IS A PAPER WEIGHT
I believe you to be more than likely correct. That way they can say "were not banning them outright". Just making them super expensive and inconvenient to have/buy.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
A little of bit of that has been going on on this forum, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that we have had several "long-time members" with two-digit post counts come out of the woodwork in the last couple of months, posting marked-up ammunition. I been a little disappointed to see them actually making a few sales, but I guess that's between the principals in the transaction.

I try to keep myself in a position to not have to deal with any of those types.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a friend who has some 9mm and he wants $40/50 rounds. I told him he is nuts. After I looked around the net it looks like I may be!!!! At least 22 has not gone up yet ( I don’t guess it has). Glad I planned ahead.
I saw Cheaper than Dirt (really should be Higher than Hell) advertise Armscor 5.56 62 grain for $358 / 250 round box. I think I may try to sell some Lake City if I can get that price.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,899 Posts
A little of bit of that has been going on on this forum, I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that we have had several "long-time members" with two-digit post counts come out of the woodwork in the last couple of months, posting marked-up ammunition. I been a little disappointed to see them actually making a few sales, but I guess that's between the principals in the transaction.

I try to keep myself in a position to not have to deal with any of those types.
Yep seems to be quite a bit lately. But I would say also people just joining.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts

As a general rule, .22 should be the last ammo you sell (unless you truly have way the 'ell more than you can ever see yourself using). Why? Because .22 rimfire cannot be easily or practically reloaded. Yes, I am aware of the various ways it can be done, but they all present practical difficulties.

Centerfire ammunition - even berdan-primed - can be reloaded and even if you're not a reloader you might find a friend who can do it for you. The most important (and critical) shortage now is with primers. I guarantee that if you aren't a reloader, but have primers, you can find someone to reload for you in return for some of your primers!

Best
Doc

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
9,855 Posts
As a general rule, .22 should be the last ammo you sell (unless you truly have way the 'ell more than you can ever see yourself using). Why? Because .22 rimfire cannot be easily or practically reloaded. Yes, I am aware of the various ways it can be done, but they all present practical difficulties.

Centerfire ammunition - even berdan-primed - can be reloaded and even if you're not a reloader you might find a friend who can do it for you. The most important (and critical) shortage now is with primers. I guarantee that if you aren't a reloader, but have primers, you can find someone to reload for you in return for some of your primers!

Best
Doc
Wise words

·
Premium Member
621 Posts

Check Gunbroker. There is basic 9mm FMJ - in some cases - going for over a buck a round! It's madness. Not everything on GB is a Dollar-a-round, but what isn't is close. I'm going to offer some 9mm in the ammunition classifieds tonight or tomorrow, but I just want to trade it for small pistol primers. Of course if someone wants to offer me several million Dollars for it, we can talk!

Best
Doc

·
Registered
984 Posts
Local Pawn Shop recently had CCI Mini-Mags $65 a brick (500 rds). They sold out very quickly. Most stuff is about double what it was a year ago. In my opinion, some of that is fear from the past COVID period and pre-election worries. Now the concern is what a Biden/Beto O'Rourke (gun czar) era will be like. Either way.....For a lot of people, times aren't looking bright and cheery, entering the Christmas season.

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
Local Pawn Shop recently had CCI Mini-Mags $65 a brick (500 rds). They sold out very quickly. Most stuff is about double what it was a year ago. In my opinion, some of that is fear from the past COVID period and pre-election worries. Now the concern is what a Biden/Beto O'Rourke (gun czar) era will be like. Either way.....For a lot of people, times aren't looking bright and cheery, entering the Christmas season.

Anybody got coal? I'm thinkin' about mailing a lump or 2 to B&B and the rest of that crew.

Reactions: 2A_1791
1 - 20 of 34 Posts