Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For NRA Smallbore Rifle Silhouette this time of year in this area is the off-season. Joel and I did shoot Chicken and Pig Swingers the Monday before Thanksgiving. I always get along with my Anschutz 1712 better than my CZ Shadow. The 2012 Match Season for me will begin the first Saturday in March 2012 at Winnsboro Gun Club. I will post scores and Match results plus what we had for Lunch in this Forum.

There is a lot of Silhouette Activity particularly in South Mississippi and Southeast Louisiana. Give the Match Directors enough time and they will start posting Match reports in this forum.

If anybody is interested in Rifle Silhouette whether it be Air, Smallbore(22 Rimfire) or Centerfire. Send me a e-mail at: [email protected].

Thanks for adding this sub-forum.
Bobby H.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Bobby -- get them other match directors to register here and start using this forum to post their scores and announce their matches ...

Thanks!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks PhillipM

PhillipM. Glad you had a good time at that Magnolia Match. The trick to the whole standing thing is that it is a mind game. If you have confidence and know that you will hit you will hit. In other words when on that trigger you have to be stubborn and wait on the dot or crosshair to time your wobble. Just like hitting a fastball only in Silhouette its a Major League fastball. The good ones only wobble about 1 MOA which is hard to believe. Through research I found that at the 100 meters to guarantee a Ram body hit in calm conditions you have to hold less than 2 MOA. I am glad that Ram has a Horn, feet, legs head and even a dinger or I would not hit it as often as I do.

Captain-03 I am trying to get those other Match Directors to post here but they have such a program going at their ranges that they do not need to advertise. I will post Winnsboro Gun Club info for the Match Director there as he does not use the internet.

Bobby H.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is SubGunFan "volunteering" to be the NRA Silhouette Rifle Match Director in 2012? :evil: I will bring the Match equipment over to your house and help you run the matchs. My statistics person(wife) is not looking too enthusiastic about 2012. We need a little time to think about this.

A major positive factor is the power of this MSGO forum to get out the Match information. This forum is a great thing for the shooting sports in Mississippi.

The negatives follow. It was terrible in years past to put all the targets and markers out, do the paperwork and then have nobody show up. Also, my wife and I got tired of the complaints and filthy insults about taking up range space for such a small amount of shooters. Is it really worth the abuse?

Bobby

·
Premium Member
15,233 Posts
If you do your job (which you did) and no one (or very few) shows up, it is not your fault. I was just asking where SBRS stands for 2012.

Not just SBRS, I don't want any Match Director position right now...... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts