Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Nice looking gun, but, like Fordpkup I don't I'll be buying one. But it does make me think (a dangerous thing, I know)...since Mossberg and Remington are marketing 14" barreled 12 ga. pumps by manufacturing them from the start as handguns, why couldn't someone start manufacturing a 10"-12" 20 ga. double-barreled handgun just as easily? If they'd sell it at a reasonable price, I'd probably be in the market. Wish the pumps were offered in 20 ga. also...12 ga. is a little big for my wife to be comfortable with.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
Nice looking gun, but, like Fordpkup I don't I'll be buying one. But it does make me think (a dangerous thing, I know)...since Mossberg and Remington are marketing 14" barreled 12 ga. pumps by manufacturing them from the start as handguns, why couldn't someone start manufacturing a 10"-12" 20 ga. double-barreled handgun just as easily? If they'd sell it at a reasonable price, I'd probably be in the market. Wish the pumps were offered in 20 ga. also...12 ga. is a little big for my wife to be comfortable with.
I don't think the shockwave are sold as pistols. Just looked it up and found this.

Here are the rules in question:

1. All shotguns are intended to be fired from the shoulder.
  2. All shotguns must have an 18-inch barrel. If the gun has a stock and a barrel shorter than 18 inches, it is classified as a “Short Barreled Shotgun” (SBS), requiring a $200.00 transfer tax.
  3. If the shotgun has a pistol grip and is less than 26 inches in overall length, it is considered an “Any Other Weapon” (AOW). Good news: AOWs only require a $5 transfer tax.
  4. The Shockwave is created as follows. Start with a shotgun that has NEVER had a stock attached. Add a pistol grip, and the gun is now considered a PGO (Pistol Grip Only). It is NOT a shotgun, as it is not intended to be fired from the shoulder. Next, add a 14-inch barrel so the overall length is just under 26½ inches. The length being greater than 26 inches disqualifies the gun from being an AOW. So, the BATFE declares that you now have a “Non-NFA Firearm.”
  5. The Shockwave is not a shotgun, nor a handgun, but a firearm. It requires no special paperwork other than the 4473, and the buyer must be 21 years old. Some states may have restrictions on the Shockwave, so check your state and local laws!

And a 20 would be sweet.

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Yeah, I guess the overall length thing would limit how short the barrels on a double barreled Firearm could be. I'd still go for a 20 ga., though!

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
Seems like years ago Ms had a law that stated minimum OAL had to be 26.5", can't remember for sure though.

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to remember that to qualify to be a handgun it has to have a rifled barrel and a handgun round. Right now only the 410/45 fits the bill. Anything else would require a stamp. This is basically a double barrel, fancy wood Judge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts