Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Is this a decent show or a bunch of flea market junk?
Generally speaking this show should be better than the great southern (flea market). This is New South aka original Jackson gun show. This promoter (Bill Milstead) in the past has strove to have predominantly gun show related items in his shows.

He normally has slightly less of an entry fee as well compared to great southern (Bean).

Disclaimer: I have only been to one show locally in the last 15 months or so. I heard so much about gouging I chose not to go...at times I don't hold my tongue and I have extremely low tolerance for BS.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
@Xd357 Cowart's had a used rossi .357 lever recently. Don't know if they still do.

601 932 1700. Open at 9...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took a first time buyer today, and they took forever (like, 5 freaking hours) to pick one, and you could actually watch the tables empty. She had 2 guns she liked that were sold before she could get back to look at them the 18th time, lol.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I went and saw nothing that caught my fancy but a little compact 1995 model 39tds. Owner didn't know what year model it was. Had a price tag of $2200 on it. He said he truly didn't know what its value was but he saw one listed for $2200 & that's how he set his price. He told me he'd take $1600 for it. Needless to say I passed. Need little rifle in fairly good shape @ 90%. Lever had some strange side to side play in it. I would have been leary of it at $800. Saw a pristine CZ 452 training rifle at $600. Passed on it as well. Eyes just aren't good enough until I get some corrective glasses. Hoping the glasses are going to help

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Well...a good bud that sets up asked me to come visit...so I went. I thought it was an overall nice show...I tended to walk by the ammo tables ignoring if possible...I did converse with a few sellers...held my tongue...some...lol. I did speak my mind with several. I cannot understand asking 1.00 per round for 9mm...and worse yet some paying it!!!!

Some firearm prices were fair...many were not!!

I was pleased overall as I happened upon an unconverted 1960 Ruger flattop .357 magnum 🙂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts