Jackson Gun Show

Discussion in 'Central Mississippi' started by Meridian_Mike, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Meridian_Mike

Meridian_Mike Jim Bridger's evil nephew's grandson

It coming...... This one is the Great Southern Gun and Knife show. (Feb 27th and 28th)
    They usually fill the Trade Center and have a better selection of guns than the others.
    See y'all there!

Mike
    :D

2. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    Fix it for you.

Quickeye, mascott, Leadburner and 3 others like this.

3. Meridian_Mike

Yep.... I guess that goes without saying.....LOL

4. Meridian_Mike

One reason I go to gun shows is to see some OLDER guns for sale. I like antique guns (1905's and older for me). BUT, one other thing about gun shows....
    1). DON'T pay the listed prices!! Educate yourself on the suggested retail price of guns and make the seller an offer.
    2). Make a full round of the show before you buy anything. Nothing worse that paying for a weapon of ammo and finding the same thing 2 rows over CHEAPER!!
    3). For the best deals, go late in the afternoon of the second day.

I have NEVER gone to a gun show and bought ANYTHING for the listed price. If the seller says NO then I just walk away. Lot's of time they will try to get you back if they are having a bad day at the show.

My $.02

Mike

5. A-A-Ron

A-A-Ron Full Poster

Madison
    I'm planning to go. Anyone know the cost to get in or if someone has free passes?

6. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Think the Great Southern gets $8 for entry.

I'm going to wait on the one at the Wahabi Shriners on March 12-13. Here is a coupon for it.

Coupon

7. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    It seems like the gun show folks have a direct line to my boss. Nearly everyone of them within a 2 drive are on my 3 day weekend to work. Like I've said before, I aint lucky, but I am consistent. Ya'll have fun.

8. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

Great southern will be at least $9, Ernie bean drains every drop he can from the patrons.

9. charlie2t

charlie2t Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I hope to see a lot of y'all at Wahabi Shriners. David always has a good show and I have picked up some good deals there. I will be there for the entire show since I rent the building to David. MSGO members are welcome to stop by the office and say Hi.

10. stewbaby

stewbaby Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Thanks, I'll sure try to do that!

11. Meridian_Mike

Never been to that one. I need to make an appearance this year!!
    :D

12. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I heard they were giving away Trump hats and shirts at the Natchez show, I want one!

J.B.

13. Soonered

Soonered Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Can't go...still stuck at home. Sure could use getting out though...getting closter phobic.
    :groan:

14. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Hey soonered! Got my boot yesterday. Now if I stand on my left foot I'm 6'9". Makes it tough to walk but guess what! I'm on the stroll! Did I mention it weighs like 22#s. Get going soon!!

15. wllmkttrll

wllmkttrll Distinguished Poster

clinton
  16. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    William did you go today?

17. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

I went. Got my Trump bumper sticker, no hats. Saw a neat little lever action 44 I wanted but the price was too high, imagine that....

J.B.

18. Rw

Rw Distinguished Poster

was a decent show, may go back tomorrow, most ammo wasnt too bad.. 22 was still high but its coming down some. There was a lot of it.
    Was fairly crowded and parking was bad since theres a gem show also.

19. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Distinguished Poster

I went. ATF had a table set up at the entrance to address any questions. I had none.

Most of the actual cash buying that I saw was local Jackson citizens looking at and buying AK-47 type stuff (guns, ammo and 50-round mags).

Actually, there was a black woman filling out paperwork for her long-haired boy friend. Saw that happen a couple of times (same couple I think). I figured she had a better chance of passing the background check or something. Maybe he could not read and write. Or maybe it actually was for her.

Admission was $9.00.

20. Meridian_Mike

I found a S&W model 49 Bodyguard (no dash). It dates to between 1982 and 1988. (I will nail down the exact YOM later. Got to get ready for Church)... There was a guy sitting at a table that was selling his personal guns from home. I have wanted one of these for a while but this is the only one I have seen ANYWHERE.
    It has a little holster wear but is in great shape otherwise.
    AND the price was right!

1982 to 1986.jpg
    This is gonna be my new pocket pistol for a while. It sure fits in my pocket good.

Mike
    :)

I'm a Rebel, 22lrfan, BasMstr and 2 others like this.