Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired one, 11mm. It is in full military configuration with cleaning rod. I haven't seen one at any show for 20 years or so, with the exception of a forage gun or two. It is being shipped to me, all the photos look pretty good. I will keep you up dated.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Had one in the gun shop in 1993. It is obvious there is a lot of German influence in it's design. It is very similar to the 1871 Mauser. We shipped it to a collector in South Africa.

Doug

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just un-boxed it, it is a type 18 with an excellent bore, matching numbers, cleaning rod and mum. It has a small fixable crack at the hour glass on the rear. It is in better shape than the type 13 I have 20 years ago. I collected Japanese for many years, I have had all three muratas, 13,18,22 This is in better shape than any of the previous ones I have owned. I bought it because I haven't seen one for years.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,164 Posts
Grats on the new gun, but....

:lol:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pics of Murata

I'm pretty pleased with this example, alot better than the one I could find 20 years ago

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Interesting -- not familiar with that piece ... have to do some research!!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Neat.

You don't see to many of those around anymore. I don't think I've seen one at a gun show since probably the very early 90's.

Congrats!

:cool2g:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts