Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a magazine spring. Does anyone have any idea what might work? Since it's the Carcano action should it be a Carcano 1891 mag spring. Any other idea's that might work with slight mods to the spring? Any suggestions? Not having any luck so open to suggestions or expertise. If i try to re-temper the spring I feel like it would not work or has anybody tried to do it successfully? Have re-tempered extractors on a couple of old guns that worked great but springs I haven't a clue on. Thanks!
Robert Myers

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Call Numrich (Gun Parts Corp.) and talk to them...they should know and have the part. Failing that, Sarco would be my next call, followed by an internet search.

·
Registered
434 Posts
The Type I utilizes the same integral 5 round magazine of the other Arisakas. I would imagine a standard Arisaka spring would work, and those are pretty cheap.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Type I utilizes the same integral 5 round magazine of the other Arisakas. I would imagine a standard Arisaka spring would work, and those are pretty cheap.
Ok thanks I wasn't sure if the 1891 used en bloc but from pics I have seen i assumed so

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Carcano does. But we are referring to the Type I, aren't we?
Yes I was referring to the Type I, wouldn't mind having an 1891 or 1941 Carcano long rifle if I could find one with a good bore. The only ones I have saw listed with a good bore are over priced.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Replaced the spring and that didn't work. Still kicks the last unfired round out. Unless Numrich sent the wrong spring. It looks just like the old one tho. Follower seems to have too much side to side movement as compared to my Type 99, K-98, 189 Swede to name a few. Wonder if someone put a wrong follower in it before I got it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts