Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My .22 bench rest rifle started going South on me during a match last month. 1st target of bulls I shot good. On 2nd target I had a major snag. Bolt wasn't cocking. Later I decided the trigger sear was the problem. I flushed it with lighter fluid per Jewell's instructions. It helped some but problem was still there intermittently.
I decided it was time for a new trigger. Old trigger had fired unknown thousands of times.
New trigger arrived from Jewell Monday. I called the action maker to inquire about a new hanger also. He advised me that they did a design update on the hanger to allow for an adjustable timing. New hanger on order.
I went ahead and swapped triggers put today since it's only 2 pins that attach trigger to hanger. That was the easy part. Adjusting the sear, overtravel & trigger pull weight was a little more time consuming. Plus I had to buy 2 new Allen wrenches, 0.050 & 1/16.
End Results--New trigger fixed the problem & works great. I don't have a digital trigger pull gauge but I'm guessing I'm real close to the 1.5 ounce trigger pull Jewell claims. Old trigger will be disassembled & thoroughly cleaned to keep on hand for a backup.

turbo action.jpg

JewellTriggerNoSafety.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Yea h - Arnold Jewell made a heck of a trigger, and they still do. They will set those up as 2 stage also - that anyone interested.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was 1.5 oz a typo meant to be pounds? If not good lord that's a light trigger:101010:
1.5 oz is correct.
"The Jewell trigger is a great choice to upgrade your factory trigger. In this configuration, the BR comes as a benchrest trigger. The trigger pull can be adjusted from 1-1/2 oz to 3 oz only. (THIS TRIGGER IS INTENDED FOR BENCHREST AND COMPETITIVE SHOOTING ONLY)."

·
Registered
689 Posts
1.5 oz is correct.
"The Jewell trigger is a great choice to upgrade your factory trigger. In this configuration, the BR comes as a benchrest trigger. The trigger pull can be adjusted from 1-1/2 oz to 3 oz only. (THIS TRIGGER IS INTENDED FOR BENCHREST AND COMPETITIVE SHOOTING ONLY)."
Sounds like it'd be a joy to shoot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts