Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Seeker of wisdom & Purveyor of the truth!
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got to the arena, it was truly a pleasure meeting @Doc1 and @Hoot G, it was not until I was about to leave that I made the connection to them and MSGO
For some reason this show rated somewhere between the ones in Tupelo and Philadelphia, I was expecting many more vendors and individuals, If I were ingrained as deep as some of you here I may have known that this may not have been worth a 5 +hour trip and a tank of petro.. :):):):)

Was this a fluke are there any certain show organizers I should avoid if its going to be a good drive for me?

Not all is wasted made it home safely, for to spend some time people and a nice Saturday.

·
Super Moderator
8,079 Posts
I was at the Hattiesburg show Saturday, but it was only a 45 minute one-way drive for me. It's gone down in recent years. I believe the only show I'd spend a tank of petro and 5+ hours drive time would be a Big Pop show (David Chancellor, promoter), namely the November one in Laurel, MS. His Pascagoula show is usually pretty good, too -- and by "good", I mean large. The Hattiesburg show is "Great Southern" show, and they don't tend to promote it very well, hence the small amount of vendors.

And, unless I'm mistaken, the "Doc" you met was @Doc1 , not @Doc (at the table right next to Hoot's).

·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was at the Hattiesburg show Saturday, but it was only a 45 minute one-way drive for me. It's gone down in recent years. I believe the only show I'd spend a tank of petro and 5+ hours drive time would be a Big Pop show (David Chancellor, promoter), namely the November one in Laurel, MS. His Pascagoula show is usually pretty good, too -- and by "good", I mean large. The Hattiesburg show is "Great Southern" show, and they don't tend to promote it very well, hence the small amount of vendors.

And, unless I'm mistaken, the "Doc" you met was @Doc1 , not @Doc (at the table right next to Hoot's).
Thanks Twangbanger! you are correct it was Doc1

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
First off, i know all 4 of the promoters we have running shows in ms. I would only drive more than an hour for a show for one of them and that is david chancellor from big pop. he puts so much more effort into his shows than the others that there is no comparison at all. He spends at least a week setting up and tearing down each show, that includes putting signs up on every major road in a given county.

·
Super Moderator
13,402 Posts
Belly the only shows I work are Big Pop. David has a radio remote at most of them and works his butt off advertising. He puts up signs in a 90 mile radius of the show. He feeds the vendors and has help available for me to set up and take down. We go to all of his shows except Pascagoula and Vicksburg. We tried them both once. They were both sold out on vendor spaces and very well attended, but we just didn't sell enough to justify the distance. Laurel is the biggest in the state and always our biggest sales but Philadelphia, Greenville, and Wahabi aren't far behind. Greenville really surprised us. We've been 2 years in a row and won't miss another one. Wahabi is his smallest show but I do well there because of the high concentration
of MSGO members and the referrals we get from Magnolia RPC

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
10,375 Posts
Belly the only shows I work are Big Pop. David has a radio remote at most of them and works his butt off advertising. He puts up signs in a 90 mile radius of the show. He feeds the vendors and has help available for me to set up and take down. We go to all of his shows except Pascagoula and Vicksburg. We tried them both once. They were both sold out on vendor spaces and very well attended, but we just didn't sell enough to justify the distance. Laurel is the biggest in the state and always our biggest sales but Philadelphia, Greenville, and Wahabi aren't far behind. Greenville really surprised us. We've been 2 years in a row and won't miss another one. Wahabi is his smallest show but I do well there because of the high concentration
:yeah:

·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Belly,
We will all but have a M&G at the Laurel Show!! Phillipd an myself set up in the very back. Have a good setup and plenty of room. Plan to come!! First weekend in November!
Sure going to try an make it !

·
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know! wow he is a hard worker, I appreciate that quality in a person. Thank you!

Reactions: phillipd
1 - 9 of 9 Posts