Mississippi Gun Owners banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

Registered
She walked out in a swimsuit that was half an acre too small the other day presumably to sun bathe. Sun went behind the sparse clouds nearly immediately.. even the sun didnt want to see that. Think I lost 5 pounds that day, didnt eat at all after seeing that

Registered
She walked out in a swimsuit that was half an acre too small the other day presumably to sun bathe. Sun went behind the sparse clouds nearly immediately.. even the sun didnt want to see that. Think I lost 5 pounds that day, didnt eat at all after seeing that
Bahahahah

Registered
So If you can only pick one centerfire rifle and cartridge and scope combo to do your medium to big game hunting in ms What would it be? (Ammo availability not being an issue) For me I would probably say the first Remington 700 tactical 308 I purchased equipped with a vx3 leupold 3.5-10x50 its a little on the heavy side but I dont mind that. Its short 20 barrel makes it easy to handle Its one of the most accurate rifles Ive ever placed my trigger finger on..... its be headed gray squirrels rabbits white tails and some pigs here and there years ago I would not have said this it would have been a 300 mag or a magnum of some sort But bullet placement and efficiency have proven a lot to me I have TOTAL confidence is this rifle/ tool
One of my favorite cover all rifles is a Remington Mod. 770 chambered in 7mm-08 using Winchester 140g Power Points and equipped with a Barska 10-4050 scope and topped off with a custom trigger job.

Rational Anarchist
For deer hunting I have see anything Id rather have than my T/C Encore with a .308 barrel. If I traveled to hunt larger game, like elk or mule deer Id switch to a heavier caliber but stick with the Encore. A 3.5-10x40mm Leupold VariX-III is my scope on it but any Leupold, Nikon or Vortex 1-6, 2-7, 3-9 or similar range would be acceptable to me. I'm leaning towards putting 1-4s, or 2-7s on my 742 & BAR .30-06s.

The common mistake I see people make with an Encore is getting a bull barrel. That greatest aspect of the rifle, IMO, is its being lightweight & handy to carry. Besides, a bull barrel isnt more accurate if you arent going to shoot it enough to heat up the barrel. So, why carry the weight?

Registered
I think my choice would be my Ruger American Rifle in .308 Winchester, topped with a Leatherwood ART M-1000 scope.

Registered
I'm with the jarhead, I like my 742 30-06 and my BAR in 300 win mag both have a Leupold 3x9x50 scope. The 06 zeroed at 175 yrds and the 300 at 200 yrds. also have an Axeon second zero lense for 330 yrds for each.

Registered
Big or small, love them all.
M595 Tikka 6.5 Swede, 3x9x40 leupold. My handloads preferred but not necessary. She shoots everything (in calibre of course) very well. Kinda like cheating sometimes.

Registered
Looks like the .308 is a big favorite - a lot of people with good sense on this forum!

My primary rifle is a Remington Model 7 .308 with an older 3-9 Leupold - a 32 mm I believe. Given more disposable income I would upgrade to something like a 1.5 - 8 power Leupold. I'd also swap out the whippy thin barrel and free float it, and put a good trigger in it. However it works just fine like it is. A .308 will do for anything in North America but I'm not likely to need it for anything larger than whitetail or a big hog should I ever see one.

Nocturnal Specialties
It would be a toss up between a 223 and a 6.8spc for me. 2.5-10 or 3-18 power scope..

I've used both for hog and deer with no issue. 752 yards was longest deer kill with 223. And 540 yards with the 6.8. So I don't feel like it would be limiting me by caliber.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts