Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at these? Might try to get one for grins & giggles. Maybe add a 22lr suppressor.
Screenshot_20191103-190534_Chrome.jpg

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,153 Posts
Haven't seen that one the 22lr version I saw I thought had way more hanging out in back than this one.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,153 Posts
It did. One of the ugliest things I have ever seen in a weapon! Why they cant make one like the PMR30 but in 22lr? But this one is cool.
LOL, that is exactly what I thought when I saw it. Why?

I would definitely consider the P17 though.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
That other 22 they just came out with is hideously ugly, yet it’s very cool looking with the arm brace kit that’s available.
I have yet to see the p17, none of the distributors have any.. typical for keltec. They announce something then they are like unicorns for 12 to 18 months.
i will probably try a p17

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
If you're looking at the p17 might want to take a look at the Taurus TX22

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
From everything I have seen the keltecs are plenty reliable. I wouldnt have that weird ugly 22lr version but the PMR30 has been out for a good while and doesnt seem to have any wide spread issues that I am aware of. That said the SW would probably have more appeal if you wanted to sell it later, but who likes selling guns, just keep them all for yourself, lol.

Hands-On With KelTec's New P17 .22LR 16+1 Pistol - The Truth About Guns

The cheapest MP22 threaded barrel I can find online is $299
That said MSRP of Keltec is $199.
Id say $100 less and 6rd greater capacity and 3mags included with the pistol, seems pretty attractive.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
The firearm blog dropped the first review of the P17 a week or so ago. Two T&E guns later, they had one that kinda ran. Lots of light strikes, and only seemed to run with mini mags. Kind of defeats the purpose of an inexpensive 22. I was looking forward to this one, but will probably end up with the TX22.

·
Registered
12,583 Posts
The firearm blog dropped the first review of the P17 a week or so ago. Two T&E guns later, they had one that kinda ran. Lots of light strikes, and only seemed to run with mini mags. Kind of defeats the purpose of an inexpensive 22. I was looking forward to this one, but will probably end up with the TX22.
First one of the tx22 we got was doa, not even a light strike from the striker. Taurus took 12 weeks to fix it.
I will probably just keep my 22/45 as my lone semi auto 22 pistol

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,153 Posts
Everything usually has bugs that need ironed out. I know they P11's and PF9's I have owned in the past had no reliability problems at all.

For about the same money, I think you'd do better with a S&W M&P 22.
Well going by them saying the P17 will be 2 bills and the S&W is 280-300 don't think or at least in my book it isn't about the same price.

Reactions: Redlick83

·
Registered
599 Posts
Some people really don’t like the 10 round magazines, but I’ve had incredible reliability from the G44. It costs more, and the threaded barrel costs even more, but I like it and do not regret it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts