Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Improvise, adapt, overcome...
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Kershaw launch 4 recently because they look cool, and I'm a Kershaw fan. I was a little surprised at how small it is, especially in my big hand. After playing around with it and trying not to puncture myself for a few minutes, I noticed how difficult it was to mash the release. The button is very small and it kept sticking. I oiled it and it seems better, but not where i want to be. Anyone have one? I'm hoping over time it will loosen up.

·
Registered
890 Posts
No experience with that model. I owned and carried a Blur for several years before losing, misplacing, disappearance..... I loved the Blur and will get another eventually.

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
I like my Kershaw knives.....but I won’t own the smaller offerings. A knife that you have to fumble with while using is just going to cut you......eventually. If it doesn’t fit my hand......I don’t buy it.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like my Kershaw knives.....but I won’t own the smaller offerings. A knife that you have to fumble with while using is just going to cut you......eventually. If it doesn’t fit my hand......I don’t buy it.
I honestly didn't think it was as small as it is...but the more I handle it the easier it is, although it would be much better in a larger size...

·
Premium Member
13,797 Posts
I honestly didn't think it was as small as it is...but the more I handle it the easier it is, although it would be much better in a larger size...
It’ll slick up before long......all of the spring actuated knives do. Spring will get a little weaker/broke in and the hinge will wear in. It’ll be butter before long.

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It’ll slick up before long......all of the spring actuated knives do. Spring will get a little weaker/broke in and the hinge will wear in. It’ll be butter before long.
Yeah the spring is so tight now, its almost violent when the blade pops out...better hang on to her!

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
I have one Kershaw assisted opening, flipper actuated. The knife has great steel. But with a small flipper and strong spring; that flipper sure hurts the last digit on the index finger of my right hand if I flip it more than a couple times. I blame the arthritis in my fingers. The knife is built to work and last for years. I have not used it on a deer yet but it would have no problem skinning a deer or two without re-sharpening the 4 inch blade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No experience with that model. I owned and carried a Blur for several years before losing, misplacing, disappearance..... I loved the Blur and will get another eventually.
I love my Blur. I've carried mine for nearly 10 years. I even broke the tip off of the blade once and sent it back to Kershaw with $10 and they replaced the blade and sent it back to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts