Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,401 Posts
I love my Kimber 1911s but they have their work cut out to improve on my Smith 13 & 65. I don't see it happening.

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
I love my Kimber 1911s but they have their work cut out to improve on my Smith 13 & 65. I don't see it happening.
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

My 3-inch nickle Smith model 13 is my favorite handgun.

I don't particularly care for DAO, except in a 2" snubbie.
I don't see many people "Pocket-carrying" the 3" model. Why not put a hammer on it???
Folks can still fire it DAO if they want, but they could also cock it.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,401 Posts
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

My 3-inch nickle Smith model 13 is my favorite handgun.

I don't particularly care for DAO, except in a 2" snubbie.
I don't see many people "Pocket-carrying" the 3" model. Why not put a hammer on it???
Folks can still fire it DAO if they want, but they could also cock it.
You wouldn't like my 13, I bobbed the hammer on it. But the 65 is stock except for a combat rebound spring and grips. I can still cock the 13, but it's not necessary.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,401 Posts
And speaking of which....

Dear S&W,

How about, a fixed sight, 3" heavy barrel, round butt variation of the model 69, but in 44 Special. I promise you, it'll sell like hotcakes.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
And speaking of which....

Dear S&W,

How about, a fixed sight, 3" heavy barrel, round butt variation of the model 69, but in 44 Special. I promise you, it'll sell like hotcakes.
Hah just a 3" round butt version would be nice . You can shoot 44 sp out of a 44 mag no problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
You wouldn't like my 13, I bobbed the hammer on it.
Bobbing hammers is another thing I guess I'll never understand.
Were you unable to shoot it double-action with the original hammer design?

I can "kind of" see it on a 2" snubbie (that will be carried in a pocket), but why bob a 3" gun? Surely a 3" revolver wouldn't be carried in a pocket. I guess I can see the benefit if a woman will be carrying it in her purse.

Reactions: phillipd

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like them but the price seems a little steep. They're not exactly filling a void in the market either.

How about a titanium 5-shot 44 special. There's a void that needs filling.
Check out the Nitride Coated Charter Arms Pug. 2 1/2" barrel with underlug that is light weight and easy to shoot. At 21 oz unloaded it's easy to tote.
CA.png

·
Registered
9,624 Posts
Can't say that I really like the Kimbers' looks, though I'm sure they are well made revolvers. My wife has a stainless Smith hammerless and is pleased with it (plus, I wouldn't give her a small, light, gun loaded with .357's), and I like my stainless Charter 2.5" .44 Special, so there is no big incentive to try out the Kimber.

·
Grouchy Old Fart
23,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have one and love it. Mine is a black coated stainless model that Sum Gy worked his magic on the trigger!

Reactions: phillipd

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
Bobbing hammers is another thing I guess I'll never understand.
Were you unable to shoot it double-action with the original hammer design?

I can "kind of" see it on a 2" snubbie (that will be carried in a pocket), but why bob a 3" gun? Surely a 3" revolver wouldn't be carried in a pocket. I guess I can see the benefit if a woman will be carrying it in her purse.
Less likely to snag, don't need to cock in a fire fight anyway, with a smooth DA pull you will not want to cock the hammer anymore, and just is sexy.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
Check out the Nitride Coated Charter Arms Pug. 2 1/2" barrel with underlug that is light weight and easy to shoot. At 21 oz unloaded it's easy to tote.
View attachment 56823
At'll do.

I had a 44 special Bulldog once upon a time. Should have kept it.
I've owned 4 over the years , 2 classics with the 3" barrel (son of sam guns) and 2 pugs with the 2.5" barrels. Sandy currently owns the last one I had.

upload_2017-7-17_12-12-18.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
Less likely to snag,
On what? My pistol box the range?

don't need to cock in a fire fight anyway,
THANKFULLY, I shoot mine at paper more often than I do at hostiles.

with a smooth DA pull you will not want to cock the hammer anymore,
I highly doubt it. Besides, if it ain't bobbed, at least I still have the option to cock it when I want to.

and just is sexy.
Totally disagree.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,021 Posts
On what? My pistol box the range?

THANKFULLY, I shoot mine at paper more often than I do at hostiles.

I highly doubt it. Besides, if it ain't bobbed, at least I still have the option to cock it when I want to.

Totally disagree.

:2cents::2cents::2cents:
LOL, Just saying.

But I realize that not everyone's likes are the same. And I carry mine concealed at times and the DA pull is nice imo.

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,401 Posts
Hah just a 3" round butt version would be nice . You can shoot 44 sp out of a 44 mag no problem.
Yes, having qualified with 44 sp out of a 29 for 17 years, I'm aware. But a sp only would be lighter and I have no need or desire to shoot magnums out of a 3".

1 - 20 of 31 Posts