Knife sheath?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by rigrat, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Who on here makes knife sheaths for sale? I am thinking about having a kydex knife sheath made for my knife that has a adjustable belt clip on it. This so I don't have to undo my belt to put it on or take it off, and adjustable so I can change from horizontal to vertical or anywhere in between.
    What would a sheath like this cost?

2. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel

3. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    If you have a sheath know that has holes or can make holes in it you may can use a Teklock. Have one on one of my ESEEs and can orient it horizontal/vertical. Or may can have one made to use it. Can also attach to webbing/molle if wanted to

rigrat likes this.
  4. Lefty2Guns

Lefty2Guns Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

What is the knife in question, and what type of sheath do you have now?

rigrat likes this.
  5. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Check out "drop point" on MSGO, He's in Brandon area now I believe.
    He builds knifes also.

6. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

One of the 2 is a Drop Point made knife.

DP knife (Small).jpg

7. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Will have to look up a tej lock.

Mesquite likes this.
  8. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

I too am looking for a better sheath for my small Ka-bar combat knife. I didn't like the generic leather one it came with so I picked up the kydex alternative which leaves much to be desired. It's great for attaching it to my plate carrier but not much else.

rigrat and Mesquite like this.
  9. Lefty2Guns

These are widely used in the knife industry for mounting kydex sheaths.
    Blade-Tech Small Tek-Lok Latching Attachment System - Blade HQ

Many sheath makers make after market sheaths for popular knife models. If you had the exact model name of the knife I could help you find one.

Unfortunately some companies who make knives make really crappy sheaths.

Enterprise65 and Mesquite like this.
  10. Enterprise65

Ka-bar 1256 short fighting knife is what it is. Thank you, Sir.

Mesquite likes this.
  11. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    You might could get two of the 4 screws of the teklock on your sheath as is possible oriented both ways. If you're ever in town swing by and can look at one of mine and see.

Mesquite and rigrat like this.
  12. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

Ok thanks be hanging out in the gulf watching this hurricane for now.

Seems like I remember a guy in Hattiesburg that makes gun and knife holsters. Might be one that does a advance carry class.

13. Lefty2Guns

14. Enterprise65

Thanks, Lefty. I've got that one I'm trying to replace for several reasons.

1. Can't wear it point down from a belt as is because attachment loop at the end of the nylon strap is oriented vetically for a second drop strap from a weapon belt to loop through and not horizontally.

2. Nylon strap is non-removable. It's riveted to the sheath.

3. The security handle loop with snap. It's slow, also non-removable and the sheath already has a retention function built in. I would do away with it if I could.

4. Can't wear it horizontally on the belt for behind the back carry without the use of velcro or snap straps sourced elsewhere. Also makes it a PITA to put on or take off as needed. With the loop in the sheath strap you COULD wear it on the belt in this configuration IF they would have put a belt slot on the end of the kydex instead of two rivet holes for paracord.

5. The vertical slots in the sheath are oriented the proper way for vertical carry on the belt. That is if you carry a Ka-Bar wearing dress clothes because they would only accomodate a dress belt about 1" wide.

Its best use is from a weapons belt on a drop leg loop or on a plate carrier which is where mine is now but I would like to carry my knife when I'm not wearing the vest. All in all I think it's a poorly thought out product.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  15. Lefty2Guns

I didn't know how much you were willing to spend, or if you had to send the knife off. There are lots of sheath makers on bladeforums, you can shoot a couple of them an email and get you one sorted out. Check out this link.
    Sheath Makers and Such of Blade Forums

Enterprise65 likes this.
  16. Enterprise65

Thanks for the help! I probably sounded like a whiny snowflake in my previous post but that sheath is as useful as a plastic grocery bag with hole in the bottom. You can put something in it but can't carry it.

rigrat likes this.
  17. turkeytown

turkeytown Distinguished Poster

IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2523.JPG Found mine on Etsy. $20.00 i believe it was. Made specifically for the esee though. Been belt carried every day for 1.5 years or so.

Attached Files: