·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,699 Posts
SWEET!
If found guilty I hope their sentences are the max.

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
My youngest niece went to college in Lancaster, PA at a pricey liberal arts college (F&M) there.

She graduated two years ago though.

Glad to read that the judge assessed that bail amount on the rioters!

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
For those that don't know, Lancaster PA is generally Amish country heartland in Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
15,099 Posts
I wonder if the judge got the idea for that bail from watching John Wick II? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I would have absolutely no problem giving these POS ten times that amount of
bail and making it CASH or sit your backside in a jail cell but keep your back to
the wall, some of those characters in there for other offenses are NOT that nice.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Senior Curmudgeon
578 Posts
When is the next riot scheduled in Lancaster?......Nothing on Facebook or Twitter?.....No one wants to make Lancaster the "Portland East?".....

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,904 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Judge lowered their bail
The Eighth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution prohibits the federal government from imposing excessive bail, excessive fines, or cruel and unusual punishments. [It is Constitution Day, after all!]

Judge Roth isn't a federal judge. He shouldn't have rolled over that easily. JMO.

Personally, I hope all of them are convicted and maxed. No sentence commutations nor pardons issued.

Play stupid games; win the stupid prize!

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
Registered
10,681 Posts
From the article:

Enterline went from $1,000,000 to $50k (that’s a significant reduction)

Patterson went from $1,000,000 to $50k (that’s a significant reduction)

Wise went from $100,000 to $50k, is on house arrest (not really a significant reduction)

Montague went from $1,000,000 to $100,000 cash or 10% (the article is a little misleading on this one, as “$100k cash or 10%” makes no sense – if it’s a cash bond, you pay it all. The 10% would make sense if it was still $1,000,000 because that would come to $100,000)

Davis went from $1,000,000 to $50k and is on house arrest (not really a significant reduction)

Jones went from $1,000,000 to $100k (sounds significant, until you realize he still has to come off $10k with a bondsman)

Newman went from $1,000,000 to $100k “straight” (reading the article, “straight” sounds like a cash bond, meaning he has to pay the entire $100k – not a significant reduction)

Gessner went from $1,000,000 to $50k “monetary” and would go on house arrest if released (sounds like “monetary” is another way of saying secured – i.e., cash or property valued at $50k)

Fry went from $1,000,000 to $25k “straight” (again, “straight” sounds like he’ll have to pay the entire $25k, so not really a significant reduction)

If any of them stay in jail until their preliminary hearing, they’ll most likely see a real significant bond reduction – if they waive their right to a preliminary hearing.

The house arrest thing is most likely a privately run court approved program. A lot of places will do that before (or as part of) bond reductions. The offender pays the monitoring fees and agrees to abide by any curfews and conditions set forth by the court.

I imagine when they say “unsecured” bond; they mean they can go through a bonding company.

Fun fact – their bondsman can “surrender” their bonds for pretty much and damn reason they please – AND keep any money they’ve been paid. This means they would go back to jail, the bonding company keeps the money, and they gotta bond out again. Also, those on house arrest will land back in jail, and loose any monies posted and paid.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,082 Posts
The real way to handle looters and rioters:

Reactions: Henry Bowman
1 - 15 of 15 Posts