Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The neighbors have already started with the fireworks. Not a bad thing as we watch and enjoy the show from our lawn across the street from them.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
40,113 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,390 ·
Good morning, everybody. Up at 2:30 AM. This is what I get for going to bed at 8 PM last night.

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,393 ·
Cooked bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits for a late breakfast today. Much better than cold cereal.

·
Registered
9,870 Posts
Went to Stone County yesterday to inspect a property up there...stayed for lunch at the Whistle Stop in Wiggins: BBQ Ribs, Cajun Fries, Baked Beans...don't know where they get their ribs, but they are the meatiest I've ever gotten in a restaurant! Yummm! :p

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,397 ·
Went to Stone County yesterday to inspect a property up there...stayed for lunch at the Whistle Stop in Wiggins: BBQ Ribs, Cajun Fries, Baked Beans...don't know where they get their ribs, but they are the meatiest I've ever gotten in a restaurant! Yummm! :p
I've been wanting to try that place. Every time I'm in Wiggins, I forget about it, and always stop at the Sawmill Restaurant. I'm gonna have to make it a point to hit the Whistle Stop next time.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I have eaten at the Sawmill years ago. I am going to have to keep the Whistle Stop in mind the next time I am over there..

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
At Friday night's auction one of the one shot sellers had sporting goods. First was the fishing items. Medium size utility boxes set up for different fishing. One each with bass, catfish, crappie and Slater tackle. Then came the shooting items. 2 Remington shotgun barrels, didn't say the gauge or what they would fit. Added 2 boxes of 16 ga slugs and they sold for $15. A bag of 38- 12 ga shells sold for $32. A bag of 32- 12 ga shells sold for $28. He had a few bags of 30-06, 30-30, 270 ammo. Then came a bag of 31- 410 shells, a bag of mixed ammo and a box of 16 ga shells as 1 deal. I won it at $28.
Yesterday I pick up my winnings, they cart my stuff from the back room. It has the mixed bag of ammo and 2 boxes of 16 ga slugs. We search the backroom, the 410 shells are with the barrels that should have the slugs and swapped. Couldn't find the 16 ga shells. Bought what I had for $12.

·
Super Moderator
10,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,400 ·
Went to Coast Rifle & Pistol Club this morning and put about a hundred rounds through the new Kel-Tec P17 with no hiccups. Used some of the Winchester Super-X I got from Randy yesterday. Super lightweight pistol, and accurate, too. I think I'm gonna like it. Now to save up money for a can and the "can tax".

1381 - 1400 of 1414 Posts