Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1401 - 1420 of 1492 Posts

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
I turned on the computer at 6 pm yesterday and watched a zoom auction until 8:30. I opened a second window to see other websites. After the auction I went to Utube to watch westerns. 12 minutes into the first movie the viewing stops, that little circle is turning in the center of the screen. I can go back to the beginning, but it stops at the same place.
I checked my settings, connected to wifi, but no internet. I check with Debbie and granddaughter, they have wifi. I gave up at 10:20 and went to bed.
This morning I start again with the same problems. On my network settings I see there is an update from Chrome so I click it. It wants my password, I didn't set up a password when this laptop was new. It didn't ask for a password when it was set up. I hit the Enter as Guest button.
I'm back online within seconds. Now to remember my passwords to all the websites.

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
I watched 2 zoom auctions last night at the same time. Kinda hard to understand what's being said on one over the other. M&M Auctions in Senatobia and Porky's Auctions at Tunica Auction House. M&M had STP carb cleaner in large spray cans for $1, had to take a case of 12. I got 1 case, share it with my sons. I didn't see anything I wanted at Porky's.
Porky's dealer's sales starts at 12:30 today.

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
Yesterday I was checking things out on my laptop. I got a notice, must call microsoft support to clear out a trojan. I can't do anything on it except close. I call, told it will cost $450.
Nope, I went to Best Buy and got a new laptop for $224.
I'm careful of the sites I go to. Even the ones on facebook that ask what was your first car, buy a car that begins with the first letter of your name and so on what would it be.

·
Super Moderator
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,412 ·
I've been looking at some Chromebook laptops on Wish dot com for around $75 bucks. I might give one a shot. About all I do is browse the internet. I don't do any serious photo-shopping, video editing, gaming, or anything ""important"".

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Wow $75 for a laptop 😳 That Is cheap. Much less than a Ipad even. I might need to start looking at them too. I bought Tami a new 1tb cell/wifi iPad Pro for Christmas and with taxes and extended warranty it was almost $2,500

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
My oldest son has one and is "iffy" about it. It has no cd/dvd drive and he says that he can not save anything on it, that every thing has to be saved to his cloud account that he had to create to be able to do so. So if you are concerned about accounts being hacked and accessed I would put some serious thought into it. I myself have no experience with the chrome books so I cant confirm what he stated.

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
Yesterday I went to the new indoor range in Southaven, MS. Their shelves were full of ammo. A lot more than all the stores around here put together. Order online for pick-up at a location near you at rangeusa dot com, click on "shop departments", click on ammo. Closest locations near us are in Memphis and Southaven.

·
Super Moderator
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,416 ·
My pastor has tested positive for Covid, so we had a fill-in preacher this morning, and evening services today have been cancelled.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Spent over 3hrs in the hospital ER yesterday after going to urgent care clinic. Had been suffering with a headache for 2 weeks and thought it was a sinus infection or a serious head cold that would not go away with over the counter meds. It was not Covid, I got tested at urgent care clinic and it was negative. When urgent care took my blood pressure it was 230/115. Severe hypertension was what was causing my constant severe headache. The urgent care doctor came in and told me to get to an ER now before I stroke out. Went to the ER, IV, blood work up, hypertension meds, CT scan, constant monitoring until they got my B/P to a safe and stable level after about 3hrs. Sent me home with B/P oral meds and an appointment follow up with a primary care physcian. Yeah, I almost soiled my britches when I saw what my B/P was.The doctor at the ER also stated one of the over the counter meds I was taking for what I thought was a cold was even jacking up my B/P even more. Before we left home enroute to the clinic the wife asked if I wanted her to drive and I said yes. I am so glad she drove perchance I would have stroked out on the interstate with her and my son in the vehicle and also other drivers on the road. If that would have happened, I could have possibly injured, harmed, or even killed people! :eek: So far today my B/P is in normal limits and stable with the oral meds given to me.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Started running a fever Thursday after feeling flushed all week and my nose running like a faucet last weekend. Went to the doctor Friday and turns out I won the covid lottery. Almost exactly one year since the first time I tested positive. Friday I was running 101.5 and it went down to 100.5 yesterday. Today I still have a slight cough, no fever and a little tired but no longer feel like death warmed over and I have managed to get a little done outside. I think my youngest daughter has had it also but started symptoms too late to get tested. My middle daughter tested positive three weeks ago, and I think my wife and oldest daughter have had it. I come out of quarantine Tuesday.

·
Registered
8,638 Posts
I woke middle of the night Friday sneezing, juicy ones. Blew my nose a lot. Wore myself out and slept another 3 hours. Saturday after eating breakfast I took my daily supplements plus a Zyrtec. Sneezed and blew nose all day. Took a second round of supplements plus Zyrtec before bedtime. Slept better last night with 1 bathroom break and blew my nose. Feel much better today.

·
Super Moderator
12,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,420 ·
I got the oil changed in my Jeep this morning at the CDJR dealership on I-10 and Cowan-Lorraine Rd. I used the "No Appointment Necessary" EXPRESS LANE service. I got there when they opened at 7:30 AM and was the 2nd vehicle in line. Three hours later, I was on my way home. EXPRESS LANE??? Shoot. There's a Jiffy-Lube in the Winn-Dixie parking lot that can have you in and out in 5 minutes.

1401 - 1420 of 1492 Posts